Monthly Get togethers!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paul - I have noted the general location. There will be a thread opened up for each months meeting, Please Note that these meetings/get togethers DO NOT have to always take place in someones home :)

So what month did I "win"?

Edit: I am a bit slow... it looks like 2010 is full up but 2011 has some slots.

I am kicking around 12/31/10 to help Kevin in Evansville. Should we make it a thing?

Last edited:
Hey Ryan, you could definately show up by boat. Pt No Pt (Hansville, WA) is on the northern tip of Kitsap Peninsula directly south of Useless Bay, Whidby Island. By car its only 15 minutes from Kingston once off ferry (Edmonds/Kingston) On clear days I can see all the way up Admiralty Inlet past Bush & Lagoon Points up to Fort Casey from our beach. The beach is all sand and gets deep quickly enough to anchor close to shore. Hopefully I'll have my boat up and running by then also. Maybe for the Salmon Fisher/Crabbers/Shellfishers amongst us we could have a smaller group start the day before to get in last light/first light fishing before everyone shows(cabin is limited for overnight guests). I'm liking this idea better already, anyway lots of time to plan everything out for a great Family weekend.

Todd

P.S. just for Ryan : The only really bad day for anchoring a boat was on the "Abraham Lincoln" first sailing into Puget Sound on way to Everett, somebody forgot the 12 knot speed limit :eek: creating 12' breakers onto beach washing away picnics and flipping/swamping several boats at anchor :oops::oops::oops:.
I'm sure that it was one hell of a speeding ticket for the Skipper.

Sorry my post should have specified 2011

I don't think we would get a lot of people up for helping on New years eve

No problem, I saw that the 2010 was 100% full and wanted to make sure I weighed in. The trip on the 31st is a good time for me to grab a truck to bring things home. If the NSR show up before that to help Kevin please let me know and I will do my best to make that one too.

I for one suck at planning events for the day of New Years Eve. Seeing the 1600 gal ocean and helping out is way cooler than sitting around for me.

Hey Ryan, you could definately show up by boat. Pt No Pt (Hansville, WA) is on the northern tip of Kitsap Peninsula directly south of Useless Bay, Whidby Island. By car its only 15 minutes from Kingston once off ferry (Edmonds/Kingston) On clear days I can see all the way up Admiralty Inlet past Bush & Lagoon Points up to Fort Casey from our beach. The beach is all sand and gets deep quickly enough to anchor close to shore. Hopefully I'll have my boat up and running by then also. Maybe for the Salmon Fisher/Crabbers/Shellfishers amongst us we could have a smaller group start the day before to get in last light/first light fishing before everyone shows(cabin is limited for overnight guests). I'm liking this idea better already, anyway lots of time to plan everything out for a great Family weekend.

Todd

P.S. just for Ryan : The only really bad day for anchoring a boat was on the "Abraham Lincoln" first sailing into Puget Sound on way to Everett, somebody forgot the 12 knot speed limit :eek: creating 12' breakers onto beach washing away picnics and flipping/swamping several boats at anchor :oops::oops::oops:.
I'm sure that it was one hell of a speeding ticket for the Skipper.

That's crazy! I'd be a little ticked off if I was a boat owner and had it swamped...

I will have to check with my hook ups. I think I can launch out of Lagoon Pt and sail on over :D I'm sure everybody would be happy. Maybe I will have my boat rigged up for fishing by then. Been trying to get it done for about 4 or 5 years now... I catch more fish off the beach, so it's really hard to justify a trolling motor to myself. I can even bring my crab pots over.

I'll have to keep this on the front of my mind so I can run it by the boss first thing this spring when I get home.

I am going to Kevin's place on the 26th or 31st to drop off two tanks and bring an 8 footer home. What I need is some friends to help load and possibly a truck or van or box truck that can hold a 4X8' load. Ping me off list if you are interested and I will do my best to help a reefer in need.

Let me know. I do not have a truck or anything that can load a 4' x8' but I do have a back that can help lift.

i can do a month. ill be gone late feb late mar-apr and most of may. after that i dont know where ill be

You guys want to carpool down to Puyallup for your January meeting? Rogue Reefers are getting together Jan 9th at my place from 11-3pm.

Cool, Todd and I had already spoken about doing a couple Rogue Reefers/North Sound reefers mash-ups. Since your Jan meeting is as of now unplanned, we'd gladly have you guys here for our Jan get together.

Steven11 and myself will bring a few fellas out your way for one of your meetings too. Our clubs seem to both have the exact same concept!

Has no one taken January yet? Might just have to buck up here I guess. :D I could probably host maybe up to 20 people without over crowding.

Have some projects going on in the garage and three little tanks running in the home office. Might have to do some cleaning first. :p

Cheers,
Alex

Has no one taken January yet? Might just have to buck up here I guess. :D I could probably host maybe up to 20 people without over crowding.

Have some projects going on in the garage and three little tanks running in the home office. Might have to do some cleaning first. :p

Cheers,
Alex

I will know in the next day or so about January Alex, But February is certainly open :D

I would gladly go back to see Alex's tanks and help with any moving, plumbing, scapeing, etc that is needed.

Thanks Jeff. Let me know and either one can work for me. I might have the 65 filled with water by February.

I will know in the next day or so about January Alex, But February is certainly open :D

I am hoping to go Rogue in Jan but the Sunday thing is a killer. I can do Feb if needed. I should be moving tanks right about that time and have something new to showoff.

I would gladly go back to see Alex's tanks and help with any moving, plumbing, scapeing, etc that is needed.

*lol* Thanks for the idea.

Maybe I could break out some acrylic and have a hands on :eek: with making some fan guards for my 65. :D

Hey All ! time to get this thread active again and to fill the missing months. I really like the idea of having one of the Get Togethers be some kind of Workshop. There are a few of us starting to biuild new systems and plumbing, lighting, cabinet building and acrylic projects are something that all of us could get some usefull info/experience out of. I'm pretty much a Jack of all Trades here so would be happy to assist anyone interested in hosting this type of activity.

Cheers, Todd

Hey Todd, I will be getting in my LED's for my Biocube and plan on doing it here shortly. Maybe we could have a shop about that. I know that there are a few people jumping on the LED train and would love some ideas about it. LEt me know.

Back