Motorcycles!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Don, that is what I was talking about. It is a great bike for everything, they handle good, can hit the fire roads, and they are great for touring cross country. Plus they can still do this when you feel the need (I have that need every once in a while)
bmw-r1200gs-05-bikepics-355061.jpg

Thats the one.:)

Don

ROFL!!! That's me! 2hp to the wheels:p My bike is in the link I just posted above! Almost 500hp on a turbo Hyabusa:D

wouu dood that bike is fast Krishant

hmmm may be i could use one of those to cross the border and not get caught :p :D .

Krish's new ride.

LMBO!! :lol: ...................... i got the pink one :p :lol: .

Don and Big T,
Thats BMW's GS series bike. Currently they only come in 1200 and 650 sized engines, but there are really strong rumors that BMW is making an 800 GS that should be released stateside sometime in 07.

Becky, that Ducati is a sexy beast!

Nick

Thanks nick I love that r 1200 gs. I have seen pictures of the 800 that you are talking about, it is not a rumor. It is going to have a parallel twin and should be a nice bike.

Tiffany and I went on our first two up ride yesterday. We rode 35 miles to Russelville KY, ate lunch, and then realized they didnt take check cards. So I went across the street. Atm had no money. So went back. Left Tiffany there as a hostage. Went and found the bank, got some money and came back. Got my girl out of hock. LOL Then we rode back home.
She liked it, I liked it. Its alot of fun to ride, and even better to share it with your girl. Only issue I had was I kept having to relax my hands on the grips. I kept finding myself holding to tight and stiff, trying to make sure it stayed smooth for her. Of course that makes it unsmooth. So I just kept making them relax. LOL
Here are some pics of her and I.

Tiffany and I went on our first two up ride yesterday. We rode 35 miles to Russelville KY, ate lunch, and then realized they didnt take check cards. So I went across the street. Atm had no money. So went back. Left Tiffany there as a hostage. Went and found the bank, got some money and came back. Got my girl out of hock. LOL Then we rode back home.
She liked it, I liked it. Its alot of fun to ride, and even better to share it with your girl. Only issue I had was I kept having to relax my hands on the grips. I kept finding myself holding to tight and stiff, trying to make sure it stayed smooth for her. Of course that makes it unsmooth. So I just kept making them relax. LOL
Here are some pics of her and I.

A stuffed tank bag is nice to lean on during a long ride. Since it doesnt have clip-on's your stuck using your arms.

Don

Steve,
Glad to hear you and Tiffany had such a great time. My wife and I have gone out a few times and made an afternoon out of it. Havent done as much on the new bike as I would have liked due to the insane heat here over the summer. I can take the heat, but my wife has an aversion to melting in the saddle when its really not necessary.....

As far as being smooth goes....practice, practice, practice.

Brendan,
we have a group of guys here in StL who do stunts like that constantly. I wouldnt have an issue with them doing it some place safe, like a track or a private parking lot, but alot of times they do this stuff on the freeway...

Darwin catches a few of them.....but we'll see...

Nick

Well I took one of those BMW GS's 1200's out for a 2 hour test ride a few weeks ago, and it was really nice, but I didn't feel it was worth the 18k+ out the door price tag. On my ride home I got a fat ticket (my first bike ticket) while I was comparing power :). So I decided to do a little painting and powedercoaing on my Z and keep it around for a while longer. Now that I have orders for Germany I might be able to get a second bike (bmw) for a better price.

Hey Nick, have you seen the new concourse? Wow they did a wonderful job on it.

I took the Z down to the waterfront today and snapped a few pics of the Z

DSC_4777Large.jpg

DSC_4778Large.jpg

DSC_4779Large.jpg

big t that bike is a work of art. I cant wait til I can get a street bike. I'm stuck with my klx125L until I'm out of the house. Its way to small :(

Yeah, I did see the new Concours, (Concours 14), the bike boards are all completely nuts over it, and I'd love to be able to buy one.........but that aint gonna happen anytime soon w/ the projected price between $12.5k and $15k for the bike, (non ABS/ABS)...its freakin gorgeous tho...

I like the style of your Z100 over the style of the new one....

The new Z1000 looks like a big angry bug to me...

Nick

The new R1 has my eye. I will have to wait and see how I do on my house when I sell it. I kinda like the new Z1000, I think that once people get them and lose that crazy exhaust, it will look a whole lot nicer. A lot of people are really dissappointed because it was supposed to have the new ZX10 motor, and all they did was slap some crazy plastic on the side of the same old ZX9 motor.

Van Welcome to the forums! I love those r6's and r1's, in fact I just bought one :D I decided that since I am moving to Germany and have sold off all my reef, that I should put the money to good use. I came across a mint '05 R1 the other day and just couldn't pass it up. I now have 2 bikes, and the financial advisor is not happy, in fact not at all. Anyone want to buy the Z?

Here is the new one.

DSC_4800Medium.jpg

DSC_4801Medium.jpg

DSC_4803Medium.jpg

Back