mp-40 parts

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pandora32

So I am looking for the driver or just the board inside the driver box for my mp-40. last week I hooked up my 36 watt uv using a mag 9.5 and this morning at 7, my wife came running into the room yelling saying the pumps are making loud sucking noises. I ran downstairs to find my skimmer section and my return section in my sump empty. The hose came apart sometime between 2 am-7 am and draind about 25 gallons on the floor. Got a powercord wet, it had scortch marks all over it, sprayed out of my skimmer sectiuon over my fuge light and right onto a power strip on the other side where I have my mp-40s plugged in. drivers were mounted up off the bottom incase any water got spilled inside the stand, but i didnt think about water coming down onto them and now I only have 1 mp-40 working now. Its blinking red and yellow, overheat error, but it wont even let me clear or reset or anything. Looked at where the powersource plugs in and I could see it looked a lil wet so, without taking it apart, I am assuming that I would need a new driver. Anybody know where these can be found? Ecotec wants $100. Wondering if anyplace has them cheaper, even used.

You can only replace this from Ecotech. I would let it dry out for a day and maybe check and see if you can get some sort of cleaner solution from an electronics store that could be used to 'wash' the board. If it's shorted out, only option would be to order new one from Ecotech.

I have seen some of the older wireless drivers sell used for $30 when people were upgrading to the new drivers. Other than that, I would think you would have to buy new.

Back