my 160 gallon rebuild. going to make it a anemone garden tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

this has been in my sump for a long time. with just white light it looked green. under my leds its yellow. i couldn't put it in my 360 gallon tank. too big of a rock. so i broke the rock in half and put it in my anemone tank. i got it for $5 at the salsa king sale. score.

well i just got home from oceans by design. bought almost 200 pounds of rock. now i have to cut and drill lots of rock

Can't wait to see what you do !

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

yeah i can't wait also. after digging through 1000 pounds of rock that they got in today. oh and the stop and go traffic. i think im going to take a break and start on it tomorrow. oh and i did get one mini maxi anemone while i was oceans by design. also ordered 3 very high end mini maxi anemones online. should get them on tuesday

looks awesome!.... you plan on doing anything special to cure the pavers? (thought i read concrete could really mess with pH )

Ya u shoulf cure em in fw like I did with natas frag discs.

R u done yet btw? All this free time and no play?!?!
:p
-d

The pavers have been outside at the store for God knows how long....do you really need to cure them in freshwater?

I'd be more interested in covering them up with something...glue some rubble rock on there or something...unless you're going to be doing a DSB.....

i have the stepping stone in water now. i plan on doing a thicker sand bed around the stepping stones. we will see

change in plans. i am not going to use the stepping stones. peppie is going to make me tower stands made out of acrylic. i will post pictures when i get them sometime next week.

change in plans. i am not going to use the stepping stones. peppie is going to make me tower stands made out of acrylic. i will post pictures when i get them sometime next week.

I made acrylic rock stands when I setup my 240. They weren't real tall, but most of the rock is off the bottom.

Agree that it will definitely be nicer, curious if the acrylic will be heavy enough to hold the tower upright? Along with the buoyancy of plastic, will it have at much leverage?

Agree that it will definitely be nicer, curious if the acrylic will be heavy enough to hold the tower upright? Along with the buoyancy of plastic, will it have at much leverage?

it should be fine. he is making it out of 1/2 acrylic. it is going to be three layers. base will be 12x12 2nd will be 8x8 and 3rd will be 4x4. so total thickness will be 1 1/2 inches thick. he is going to glue them together. then im going to cover the base with sand. will work out just fine.

Why the change in base material, (stepping stones vs acrylic stands)?

Back