my 160 gallon rebuild. going to make it a anemone garden tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok.
I was just curious because I'm planning on using pavers from Lowes for the aquascaping of my rebuild, and was wondering what your source for that was..
If its just verbal conversations, then that's one thing, but if you've got links to that being posted on the web, I'd be very interested in seeing them.

Ok.
I was just curious because I'm planning on using pavers from Lowes for the aquascaping of my rebuild, and was wondering what your source for that was..
If its just verbal conversations, then that's one thing, but if you've got links to that being posted on the web, I'd be very interested in seeing them.
i dont have any source on it. just a few people from reef frontiers and instagam said not to use them. the acrylic stands will work better for me any ways. not as tall.

so i did some work on my 160 gallon today. added a sea swirl to my return. added a closed loop with a mag drive 12 pump with two wavy sea's. i will let the glue dry for a day. so i can fire it up tomorrow.

so i did some work on my 160 gallon today. added a sea swirl to my return. added a closed loop with a mag drive 12 pump with two wavy sea's. i will let the glue dry for a day. so i can fire it up tomorrow.

you KNOW what I'm gonna say!...............pics or it ????

i've read that that concrete messes with pH. anyone who does diy rock has to deal with curing it for 'that' before cycling it.. i assume even though pavers have had plenty of time out in the rain and stuff, that submersing them in saltwater might allow for the pH thing to still be an issue, which is why i asked earlier if he was doing anything to cure them.. could easily be just bad assumptions...
I (of course) second the pics 'request' (ok, it really is more of a demand.. LOL)

okay Kevin. here you go. here is a picture of the two wavy sea's on a closed loop that i installed today

i've read that that concrete messes with pH. anyone who does diy rock has to deal with curing it for 'that' before cycling it.. i assume even though pavers have had plenty of time out in the rain and stuff, that submersing them in saltwater might allow for the pH thing to still be an issue, which is why i asked earlier if he was doing anything to cure them.. could easily be just bad assumptions...
I (of course) second the pics 'request' (ok, it really is more of a demand.. LOL)

I know that pH can be an issue with freshly made aragocrete/concrete, which is why those have to be cured, but everything I've read says that the pavers aren't an issue because they've been outside and aren't all that recently made. Its certainly not a bad idea to soak them and see. I've got a pH controller and some pavers I was planning on using for aquascaping, I might as well calibrate the probe, put RO in a bucket and get a base line reading, and then soak the pavers for 36 - 72 hours and check on them periodically to see what happens to the pH. Be good for me to know at the very least...

okay Kevin. here you go. here is a picture of the two wavy sea's on a closed loop that i installed today

Where did you find WavySea's at? I've had one on my 120 for a long time. It stopped rotating about 5 years ago....hopefully, you don't go through that with yours.
I really liked it while it worked.

I know that pH can be an issue with freshly made aragocrete/concrete, which is why those have to be cured, but everything I've read says that the pavers aren't an issue because they've been outside and aren't all that recently made. Its certainly not a bad idea to soak them and see. I've got a pH controller and some pavers I was planning on using for aquascaping, I might as well calibrate the probe, put RO in a bucket and get a base line reading, and then soak the pavers for 36 - 72 hours and check on them periodically to see what happens to the pH. Be good for me to know at the very least...
I wasn't aware, or just made an assumption that 'aging' (even outside) does not have the same effect as soaking. I'd be interested in hearing your results if you do soak and monitor yours.

Sorry about the hijack Chad...

Are you cycling the (actual) rock in tank while waiting on the stands?

Where did you find WavySea's at? I've had one on my 120 for a long time. It stopped rotating about 5 years ago....hopefully, you don't go through that with yours.
I really liked it while it worked.

i found the wavy sea's on my 360 gallon tank. lol. i just added two jebao wp40's to that tank. so i didn't need the wavy sea's on it anymore. so i put them on the 160 gallon tank. i have had them for many years. i have been told that they will wear out by having them going back and forth. so i have them spinning one way.

peppie sent me a pm today saying that my acrylic stands are done. im going to go pick them up today. woo hoo. can't wait to get my 3 rock towers into the tank. i will post pictures of them after they are in the tank.

got my acrylic stands today. thank you peppie. it was a great time talking to you guys. man kevin really cranked up the radio and started rocking out. great times. here is a picture of them. peppie made them really nice. rounded the corners. super nice

This is going to be sweet man! hurry up already, lol
well you were such a good nice guy with the drinks last night. i planned on drilling the holes and putting the fiberglass rods in last night. im such a light weight now when i drink. i didn't want to mess up the acrylic stands. how drunk i was. the holes wouldn't have been in the right spots. lol

Lol u doin today?
-d

i was too drunk last night to drill the holes. i didn't want to drill them in the wrong place. i have drilled them today. i cut some acrylic and glued them to the acrylic plates. after it drys. i will drill them. man i just want to get my rock into the tank.

Back