My 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wow marty! that's terrible! glad I was able to come visit again before its demise!

take care!!!

BTW the zoas are doing great!

It will be fun setting up the new one. I hope you all have enough help moving both tanks.

Lori is coming Saturday with 5 people, so that should be plenty.

Once I do get a confirmed pickup date from OBD, then I will go down my list of prospects. :)

Hey Marty, I took a quick peek at you new tank at OBD, man a can tell that looks like the perfect size for my tiny living room, well anyways that's a nice looking tank, it looks heavy too, im going to need to eat some extra captain crunch cereal the day before, just to let you know I'm still available for the move
Carlos

Hey Marty, I took a quick peek at you new tank at OBD, man a can tell that looks like the perfect size for my tiny living room, well anyways that's a nice looking tank, it looks heavy too, im going to need to eat some extra captain crunch cereal the day before, just to let you know I'm still available for the move
Carlos

Awesome.
Can always use help.

Carlos
You better stock up on some Wheaties, Carlos. Moving that big of a glass tank is going to be tougher than that 180 acrylic of yours, LOL.

or just throw the cans at it, and move it in smaller pieces.

At one time, that was a very real possibility.

But thanks to Mike ( herefishyfishy ) he found someone who will take it and repair it.

Most importantly, move it out of the house.

I am ready for them.
The tank is empty and pretty clean.
I got a few gallons of vinegar and a new nylon scouring pad and crawled in it and gave it a good cleaning.
I'd heard that heating vinegar to a boil removes coralline even faster, so I gave it a try. Worked pretty good.
Only problem, was the fumes.
They were pretty bad. They still don't feel right.

Lori bring a lot of friends? Was hoping to meet her at the party here today. Guess another time. . .

Yeah, there were atleast 5-6.
I didn't know any of them. But they talked about the BM swap and other current events.

Sorry about that, I guess I kind of screwed that up

I do want to thank-you again for putting us in touch.

Back