My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well...Here it is. Only corals I kept in the tank were the zoanthids. I added some more rock as you can see and even though it was boiled, my skimmer still went crazy for about a week giving me a cup full each day (even overflowing sometimes) and now the tank is finally clearing up. As you can see, there's tons of flow in there with the 2 maxijets in the display along with the Tunze and then the maxijet for the return, but I will swap out those maxijets almost definately for nano streams in the new year. So here she is for now. The tank won't see anymore corals until I make a few changes in the tank in the new year and the new rock colors up.:)

How about some more zoanthids??????

LOL! I'll definately get more eventhough these ones are spreading a bit, but I don't want to add anything else in there until I decide what all I will do with the tank. It is very different from any tank I've ever had before in terms of size and versatility and also, it is so easily influenced do to its volume so I am thinking through a few things first:)

Well, you knew I had to say that.

LOL!! Of course:p

Nice looking pod man, great job!

A little dry without any corals, but will get there again soon. Gotta get the temp from fluctuating as much (maybe a small chiller like Matt's) and need more wattage in lighting to keep the gorgonians happy, but we'll see:)

Emily's 75... is that really gonna be good enough?

Imagine when she's old enough to start talking, and she comes out of her room, crying. "Daddy? How much do you love me?"
"Why, I love you a whole bunch, Emily"
"Yeah, but how much?"
"75, Emily. I love you 75"

If only you could tell her "I love you 300, Emily!" LOL

Emily's 75... is that really gonna be good enough?

Imagine when she's old enough to start talking, and she comes out of her room, crying. "Daddy? How much do you love me?"
"Why, I love you a whole bunch, Emily"
"Yeah, but how much?"
"75, Emily. I love you 75"

If only you could tell her "I love you 300, Emily!" LOL

LMBO!!! :lol: .... i think krish's wife then would make him sleep outside :p :D

sounds like a plan cant wait to see it.. you know what would look killer in there... A dwarf fuzzy lion fish with the corals now thats a nice looking tank lol

Thanks Ron! I miss the corals, but think it was best to take them out rather than have them in limited lighting and temp fluctuations. My water parameters are still great and in balance, but need to make a few tank adjustments first with lighting, flow and some other goodies and want to color up these new pieces of base rock I added;)

LOL!!! They are nice ligths!! My temp issues believe it or not is the opposite of what I am use to. Where the tank is so small and so easily influebced by the air condition, I will drop to 74F and then hit 80 later that day:eek: I told my wife to leave the darn thermostat, but she adjusts it, or opens the window when cold front passes through so it seems like I need a heater and a chiller:p

Back