My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just thought I'd update this old boring thread:p As some already know, I built a new stand today to replace the one the aquapod is sitting on now. I will post the finished product tomorrow with the clear coat on the stand:)

Last edited:
Also, a few shots of the tank from my other thread. I got a new camera (Canon rebel xt) as some already know and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I am also ordering new metal halides for the tank (possible 150w HQI) and doing something about the flow situation to get the maxi jets out of there. May be a DIY closed loop or just moer Tunzes:)

Krish, which wood is that? I just built a stand/cabinet, also, but out of oak. That's definitely not oak. Birch?

Krish, which wood is that? I just built a stand/cabinet, also, but out of oak. That's definitely not oak. Birch?

I wanted to use oak, but could only find the ply and not the real wood for the edges so the best thing I found real wood as well as ply in was fur(sp) This place sucks, but aw well...

Here's the finished stand update. I will post some pics of the tank tomorrow when the tank clears up. :)

As some already know, I had some deaths in the tank. One sargent major got stuck in the siphon tube, one beau gregory was killed by the others and so forth. Anyways, here's some pics taken today. I got a tripod so once I get a macro lens then I may be well on my way:)

Still messing with the camera and getting better color:)

Here are some full tank shots and some of my new wild caught shrimp.:)

Thanks Ron! I just logged on to update things...

The shrimp is toast!:shock: I found him stuck to my maxi jet:doubt: However, I did order a new light fixture for the tank. 150w hqi which will put me a little over 6 watts per gal which was where my corals were happy in my 38 gal cube:D I'll post pics when it comes:)

LOL! Nope!!!

K...UPDATE :D

My 150w HQI MH's were sent out today as well as some bulkheads and lockline to do a little DIY with this pod;) The lighting will put me back to where my corals did great...Just over 6 watts per gal which now, I only have just under 3. I'll monitor it for heat and do my DIY then I can get my corals back in:)

You guys are nuts!!!(LOL)

hey what did i say? i'm the victim here.
Ron has a very little dirty mind ( ahh that reminds me my old single young days :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: ............fartard!!! :lol: )

Back