My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL MArk!!! A maxijet wished it was a Tunze:lol:

Quick update...My stuff was delivered to my freight forwarder this morning so hopefully I'll have everything tomorrow. We had a cold front today (in the 60's! Bling Bling:p ) and my tank hit 74.1F :eek: I tell you, these corals are really going through some stuff! :eek: Who would have thought I'd ever need a heater! Well, the temps back up, corals still look great and I'm happy. I guess a backup heater may be on the list for the winter:)

So here's my nano stream...Very cool little thing.

Also, I contemplated the sand and couldn't make up my mind and so said to my wife, "sand or not?" and she said "sand" so here's what happened without thinking:shock:

I'll post pics when the dust settles(LOL). I figured why the hell not. I mentioned this on another thread, but this tank will be Emily's with everything in it (since she loves it) and daddy's doing something "different" in the new year for himself. Not very many tanks will be like this and that's all I will say for now;)

I bet that little stream will put out some water movement, lets us know how well you like it!
The sand storm will go away when the skimmer catches it!

The Tunze is cool Scooty! Perfect flow for the sand as it doesn't stir it much and really broad. If I kept the tank bb I would definately want one more or the big one, but it's perfect for what I have. The tank started clearing up already and I think the tank is going to look much better! Not sure how I will like it in the long run in terms of waste etc, but I'll give it a shot. I'm very particular so I will be sure to clean it really well or get a cleanup crew to do it for me so I should be fine. I want a varitey of movement in there for Emily so we'll see what all I can find;)

Pump placement

Krish don't you like how many ways you can adjust & set these little pumps up! I just cant get over how they have designed it to put out such a nice wide flow path!!!
Man you gotta LOVE that SAND!!!!!:D

So here's my nano stream...Very cool little thing.

Also, I contemplated the sand and couldn't make up my mind and so said to my wife, "sand or not?" and she said "sand" so here's what happened without thinking:shock:

I'll post pics when the dust settles(LOL). I figured why the hell not. I mentioned this on another thread, but this tank will be Emily's with everything in it (since she loves it) and daddy's doing something "different" in the new year for himself. Not very many tanks will be like this and that's all I will say for now;)

Yeah, I love the options! Quite different from the other Tunzes streams however, with the other one's smallest being @ 1600 gph, all you needed to do was point in the general area and you had it covered:p

As for the sand, I just checked the tank and I can see in now. Looks cool! I had a collection cup full of junk from the sand so I guess I got some pump cleaning to do tomorrow for that skimmer:p

You'll be fine with that flow and sand. I run a Seio M620 and M820 in my 38g, with an additional 300gph coming from a HOB filter. 47x turnover, and I don't have any issues with sand at all. I'm still thinking about upgrading the second M620 to another M820 for just a little more flow. :)

those nanos look realy cool. I bet you could get some realy random flows with a few of those babies.

You'll be fine with that flow and sand. I run a Seio M620 and M820 in my 38g, with an additional 300gph coming from a HOB filter. 47x turnover, and I don't have any issues with sand at all. I'm still thinking about upgrading the second M620 to another M820 for just a little more flow.

Yeah...It's good. The tank is almost clear and the sand isn't disturbed too much:) We'll se how it goes...The sand is scaring me right now:shock:

those nanos look realy cool. I bet you could get some realy random flows with a few of those babies.

Definately!!! I love that Bahamian tank Steve! Is it yours?:p

Last edited:
LOL!! I told my wife tonight I don't know if I can stomach it so it may be gone tomorrow. I've been out to a wedding basically since noon so I didn't get to mess with anything:p We'll see what tomorrow brings:D

Do us all a favor, and please wait at least a month. See if you like it. 24 hour impulse decisions are pretty rough on the tank, you know? Give yourself time to grow into something new.

Do us all a favor, and please wait at least a month. See if you like it. 24 hour impulse decisions are pretty rough on the tank, you know? Give yourself time to grow into something new.

LOL! It was the 24 hour impulse that got me into this mess in the first place and also, I've had sand in my tanks many times before and it just sucked with the issues I had...I'm more experienced now in the hobby and I'm sure I can make it work, just don't know if I like the look anymore. I'll leave it in for a month alteast if you'd like to see how things go though Jason, but my next project won't have any...This tank is just something to have to play with a bit, but when I decide to do the other one, I'm going back to crazy high flow and no sand;)

Back