My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Brady! I plan to get some stuff, just have to build up the nerve to get in the water as it is too cold for me this time of year:p I usually don't get in between November to May, but I can get a lot of stuff in knee high water (zoanthids included;) ) so we'll see. Probably next weekend:)

Thanks Martin! On my DIY thread I mentioned your tank being the inspiration to go back to the blue. I always wanted to go back since I got rid of the 75gal, but your tank made up my mind for me real quick:p

I tried a black backed tank a few years ago and I wasn't happy with it ether.
But I know a few people who like the black. It is just a matter of personal taste.
This was the first time I tried the blue acrylic on the inside.

Yeah...I always used black until I gave the blue acrylic on the inside of my 75gal a try. I didn't realize I liked it until it was put on the inside as I'd tried it before on the outside and didn't like the color when I had my 90 gal:)

Here's 3 from today. One with the psycho damsel:p

LOL! Not yet...The tank is clody today from something strange that went on with my phosban reactor. The whole phosban media turned to a solid clump and it floated to the surface and when I tapped it and it broke loose, crap went all through the tank. I had to toss the media and add new media. As for additions, I hope to go out sometime this weekend if the tide is right!:D

cool man just put some boots that go up to your thighs and you will be able to grab all kinds of things :) .. man if i lived there i think i would be in the ocean every day looking for new stuff lol I know its illegal and all if they dont see you then they dont know :) :) :) :)

Just a small update...I may be tearing this one down. I've tried my best to make this sized tank work for me as well as it being an all-in-one, but I'm not really feeling it. My mind has been all over the place lately with the tank as well as with other things and so I haven't quite decided if I will have something custom built bigger with a sump again or just take a break from the hobby altogether for a while. If I decide the latter, I will still be here as usual, just without a tank.

Just a small update...I may be tearing this one down.
Ya know... I had a funny feeling this tank wasn’t going to last with you. :rolleyes:

My mind has been all over the place lately with the tank as well as with other things and so I haven't quite decided if I will have something custom built bigger with a sump again or just take a break from the hobby altogether for a while.
C’mon Krish, go for the full blown wall to wall mega tank next... You know you want to. :D The water changes might be a little more expensive than what you’re used to now, but so what... You can live off of peanut butter sandwiches... Right? :lol:
So what’s the real truth?... Your wife’s been calling you a “fish nerd” again or what? :p
Just mess’n with ya Krish... Relax, maybe it’s just a phase. :D

LOL! Thanks Rob:) Definately the tank is too small (volume wise) and too easily influenced for me as well as limited. I know what I want, but just have to see have the drive in me right now to do it all over again. :rolleyes: Too many other things going on right now, but I will decide. Believe it or not, but my wife doesn't mind an upgrade at all (we talked last night) and the money is there, but I just have to see if I'm willing right now. I even thought about basically having the same tank rebuilt, but with an overflow to drain to a small sump to give me more options, but can't quite decide. The brain needs a rest...

Last edited:
krish before you burn out.... just do something big enough to handle your dreams, and too big too change your mind:p

Im going 180 but I feel like it is still too small.
(when will they find a cure for this disease??)

With or without a tank Krish we wouldn't be the same without you, heck I'm over a year without a fish or coral LOL If I can do it so can you, a break may give you time to dream up what you really want. Whatever you do we will be here making sure you post up over 20k! Hey just a thought, Krish75, maybe you need to justify your Nick with another 75:D Ok ok I'll let it go for now!

krish before you burn out.... just do something big enough to handle your dreams, and too big too change your mind

Im going 180 but I feel like it is still too small.
(when will they find a cure for this disease??)

LOL! There is no cure:p

With or without a tank Krish we wouldn't be the same without you, heck I'm over a year without a fish or coral LOL If I can do it so can you, a break may give you time to dream up what you really want. Whatever you do we will be here making sure you post up over 20k! Hey just a thought, Krish75, maybe you need to justify your Nick with another 75 Ok ok I'll let it go for now!

ROFL!:p 75 gal is a nice size! I'll let things ride for a while. Don't want to make a decision just yet without thinking things through clearly. :)

You can live off of peanut butter sandwiches... Right?

that's what i keep telling my husband :lol:.
I think that you should go for the 75 (you know you want it ) Emily told me that she wants it and wants tons of fishes in it :D .

LOL! We'll see what happens. If I rush it, I may regret it later so just taking my time to let my mind settle a bit:)

Back