My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oh...My bad. It did come with a 900:lol: I could maybe swap it with my return maxijet 1200 I'm using. Thanks man...I'll give it a shot:)

yeah, mine isn't doing anything today..... ugh! :) so yeah maybe i'll swap it out for a maxi-jet 1200 and see what happens.

Bummer Matt...I may have to raise my collection cup if I swap pumps because I had quite a bit of foam this morning. I'll let you know how it works out:)

I wouldn't call it 'new' by any means. The live rock is 4 or so months old. The sand was old but I did rinse it. I also feed the tank twice a day so I'm sure there are some organics in it. I think it's just that I did not wash the body out after I got it. I did rinse it today when I had it apart so maybe that will help.

Ahh...I thought it was all fresh. Your rocks looked really clean! Well, the manual says about 2 weeks so we shall see:)

Small updates

- The tank passed the heat test another day. I re-adjusted the fan a bit more to keep my temp a bit higher and now I'm happy with it sitting at 77.8 - 78.9.

- The collection cup had double the foam this morning and a few speckles of skimmate still using the maxijet900. Just waiting to see if Mark thinks I should go aheah with the pump swap still:)

- I plan to mess with the flow finally and "see" what I can do about the positioning and if I can lose a pump, but we'll see:)

Hey I haven't said anything on here for a while so I thought I would just drop a quick note and say that it looks like all is well and your tank is lookin great!

I'm surprised we haven't broken the double digits yet on the pages for this thread. Almost any other thread you start has at least 20 pages by the first week it seems.

Back