My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL...I'm cutting back now man:p I will have more pics soon though. Hopefully of something new to look at by the end of the weekend:)

I'm gonna start placing orders with you Krish. I feel like an idiot since i started this tank and wanted to put corals in it but i have to save for my wedding so i have a feeling its gonna stay empty for awhile.

Yeah...That's what it is. A nice little skimmer. I'm going to pop the maxijet1200 on it tonight and see what it does:D

A few updates...I changed the maxijet900 out for the maxijet1200 on my skimmer and it is skimming now! :eek: I've already had to adjust the level twice already to find the sewwt spot! Thanks Mark!:D

Also, I figured I'd try running one Seio (620 gph) rather than the 2 maxi jet 1200's because combined the 2 maxijets don't equal the flow of the Seio and also the Seio pulls less wattage than one maxi jet, let alone 2, but...I'm sorry, but head to head, the maxijet produced way more flow for my tank. I found it odd to get more flow out of a single 295gph ph over a 620gph, but it did. Mind you, the Seio was a wide stream, but alone, it copuld never support the flow my coral s need. So Maxi's it is till the Tunze nano's come out:D

How about the noise for the whole system? Is it noticable? especially it is housed in the living room.

Thanks.

le9569

Not at all...The loudest thing is the injector from the skimmer and maybe the fan for the fixture, but nothing that will bother you at all. I love how quiet everything is:)

Here's a photo from today. I added in one more rock and raised the center one higher. I will get some closeups of the corals later:)

LOL! I would add some for some extra life in there, but they like to kill one another for their shells so I don't usually mess with them:p We have tons of blue-legged hermits here as well. I may go out in a little while and see what I can find at low tide for the tank klike a small fish and zoo's:)

cool pics...when i was in my lfs,i saw one of the corals that you have in your tank..i have only seen it in your tank...the yellow gorgonian????? they have one identical, but it is dying..they don't even know what they are ordering!!! they just got their reef tank in decent condition....it crashed and then they had algae problems for the past year..they finally started selling corals again...the girl who orders the corals doesn't know anything about corals..it's pretty sad to see this tank

cool pics...when i was in my lfs,i saw one of the corals that you have in your tank..i have only seen it in your tank...the yellow gorgonian????? they have one identical, but it is dying..they don't even know what they are ordering!!! they just got their reef tank in decent condition....it crashed and then they had algae problems for the past year..they finally started selling corals again...the girl who orders the corals doesn't know anything about corals..it's pretty sad to see this tank

Bummer...And they seem to be pretty easy to keep. I guess mine is because they came from right here and didn't spend a lot of time on the road and in a number of different tanks.

Cool man, did you scoop up sometin good today?

Naw man...Today was a bad day to go. Too much going on around here, but tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'll get out there sometime:)

Back