My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK kids, this is gonna rather piccie intense. I have taken better top down shots, but I waited to long and freaking forgot that I had changed my photo period because of the new lights :(:(.
Here we go:
IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

You are gonna have to get here to do that................ but that would be OK. I am actually on a mission to see how big the colonies get before I absolutely have to frag em, but a little piece here and there won't hurt:):).

That is the ORA red planet. I have another smaller colony of that. To me ............................. I think it is a millepora. it has been a fairly easy coral for me. And..................... it is just a beautiful coral.

dsmhero said:
Reef Crystals did reformulate their mix awhile ago, here are the general consensus on the new parameters

Calcium - 490
Alk - 13
Mag - 1440

The box that I got is the old mix. Which is more like 440 calcium.

I have noticed a sizable jump in calcium lately. Trying to slowly bring it down but I should probably try another test kit too. I'm still working with the 5% twice a week water change. It's always interesting to see what percentage of water people are changing regularly.

Looks like a nice ph for that early. Do you notice much of a ph swing during the night or are you running a sump on a reverse light cycle?

Looks like a nice ph for that early. Do you notice much of a ph swing during the night or are you running a sump on a reverse light cycle?

I am running a 75 gallon refugium on the reverse photoperiod, that and I am dripping kalk 24/7. I don't notice much of a swing, 8.1 to maybe 8.4 during the whole day, so life in that respect is good.

Back