My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I could only imagine. My wife is trying to convince me for us to pack up and move I another state.
I would hate to start over. :(

Well took a trip over to Seattle on Saturday to the new OBD store (which is very cool by the way) and decided I'm going to jump on the OBD LED train with you Charlie. Ordered three fixtures for the 210 (no there isn't water in the tank yet), Mike should have them wired to work with my Apex in a few weeks. I think it will be good having the lights before there is water in the tank so I can play with them and figure out the programming without worrying about the impact to my corals. I probably just missed it, but what intensity level are you running at?

One of these days I really should stop and see your tank in person when I come over to visit my folks (they are in Hungry Horse).

Glad to see your Alk levels are coming back down...

Well took a trip over to Seattle on Saturday to the new OBD store (which is very cool by the way) and decided I'm going to jump on the OBD LED train with you Charlie. Ordered three fixtures for the 210 (no there isn't water in the tank yet), Mike should have them wired to work with my Apex in a few weeks. I think it will be good having the lights before there is water in the tank so I can play with them and figure out the programming without worrying about the impact to my corals. I probably just missed it, but what intensity level are you running at?

One of these days I really should stop and see your tank in person when I come over to visit my folks (they are in Hungry Horse).

Glad to see your Alk levels are coming back down...

The lites are at 25% right now. I did drop them down to 14" above the water level Saturday after the testing post, and I think that is where they are going to stay. I can increase percentages from there. Yeah, if you are gonna head this way, just shoot a private message this way and you too can watch the tips of my corals recede.....................................LOL.
Starting brand new with these lites is the way to go, which ones did you get, the 120W or the 180W?

Me thinks you are gonna be a happy camper. What do you plan on having in the tank for corals?

I really haven't given the stock much thought yet. Based on previous tanks it will be a mix of LPS and SPS; specific corals still TBD. I am basically designing the tank to be able to accept pretty much whatever I decide on.

Planning huh.................................. what a novel concept...................... where the hell did you learn that if I may ask.................... ;). Just an FYI.............. this tank took a year and a half.

The planning is a byproduct of laziness and OCD with a little bit of wife dictating project priorities thrown in for fun. My last tank I rushed through to get water in the tank and while it turned out OK I had plumbing, water quality and equipment issues that continued until I took it down. This time because of the large amount of construction involved to give me a dedicated equipment room the process itself dictated additional planning.

A 210 is an investment, not just a whim, you will never regret any of what you are doin now. Let us here know if you got any questions, cuz 3 out the 4 of us over here have tanks over 200 gallons, we gots a little experience with big stuff.

The planning is a byproduct of laziness and OCD with a little bit of wife dictating project priorities thrown in for fun. My last tank I rushed through to get water in the tank and while it turned out OK I had plumbing, water quality and equipment issues that continued until I took it down. This time because of the large amount of construction involved to give me a dedicated equipment room the process itself dictated additional planning.
Charlie: A 210 is an investment, not just a whim, you will never regret any of what you are doin now. Let us here know if you got any questions, cuz 3 out the 4 of us over here have tanks over 200 gallons, we gots a little experience with big stuff.

Do I hear build thread???:clap2:

LostCreekReefer with a 270gal display400gal system

IMG_2274_zps9aaad559.jpg

Three weeks into new lites

Back