My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

holy sh-t! the Hydno doesn't think much of the change.... you're probably happy about the pocillipora???? gotta love the LPS though :)
so what do you think so far? good change or ? when will you know about power use?

The change is not what did that to the hydno, read back a little Rob.

I like the lites, and as soon as my alk. situation gets figured out, I think the corals will too, JMHO.

Todays reef lesson, lets find out what the inside of an Iwaki 100 looks like after it hasn't been cleaned since January of 2008:scared::scared::scared::scared:. While I had it off, I figured I should replumb the out end of it with a true union so it is gonna be a snap to maintenance the damn thing. Tomorrow's project, replumb the refugium and get the damn flex tube outta here ;).

Thanks Charlie, after reading up on everything and the price, I just might have to look into these. Three 180s and the controller is about the same price as what I payed for my halides and t5 set up. I'm going to be keeping an eye in this thread.

Yea, we are going to wait until we have the money then head to Seattle and visit OBD. See everything in real life as apposed to pictures or videos.

At 25% how would you compare them to halides? Also what kind of coverage do you get with the 120s? Square foot wise?

They seem to be a little bluer to me, but that is what I wanted anyways. I am thinking of ramping up to 30% at the beginning of February, depending on how things look in there. The literature says a 2x2 area, which is the same as 1 metal halide. I think because of the low % I am at now, the light is a little lacking as far as reflected light, I notice that some of my LPS are suffering from that part of it. Refresh my memory, how big is your tank?

I went back to page 31 or 32, looked at all the links, watched her video. Only thing I didn't like was how purple the tort looked in the video. I think ill shoot OBD an email to get the ball rolling. And like you ill keep my halides as a just in case deal.

.....Todays reef lesson, lets find out what the inside of an Iwaki 100 looks like after it hasn't been cleaned since January of 2008:scared::scared::scared::scared:. .

Wow Charlie! I thought I had the record on that non-maintained item! Was it moving any/much water??? Both of my Eheims move water way better after a good clean out!

Wow Charlie! I thought I had the record on that non-maintained item! Was it moving any/much water??? Both of my Eheims move water way better after a good clean out!

Kevin, you have no idea................................lol. Let's put it this way............... it is movin a ton of water now ;). I would almost wager it was down about 400-500, gph, but I don't know. I do feel better tho because that is the first time I had ever opened up one of those and those things are a piece of cake.

With my problem I just could not quite put my finger on what was 'different' about the water and the water-flow in the system. Then I was cleaning up by the return outlets and discovered the water 'dribbling' out! So I cleaned the pumps...the water flow is like Niagara falls now! And almost as noisy to the delight of my family!

Back