My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's a couple pics from yesterday, I might have to get a few more today :):)

Attachments

• IMG_9166.jpg
    IMG_9166.jpg
    54.2 KB
  • IMG_9177.jpg
    IMG_9177.jpg
    59.9 KB
  • IMG_9182.jpg
    IMG_9182.jpg
    58.1 KB
Rob That Hammer is awsome, I love it. Charlie your tank is looking awsome also. Great job guys, now send me some nice weather!!!

Hasn't been much to say Devon. When you lose as much as I have over the last 3-4 months, one tends to shut up. I do believe I know what happened, so that is a good thing ...........................................I guess.

Sorry to hear that you have lost a bunch Charlie. What do you think happened?

Is there something we can learn about phosphates that could save us a degree from Bend Over U?

Is there something we can learn about phosphates that could save us a degree from Bend Over U?

Nothing that you don't already know Devon. SPS can handle a little phosphate, but when you stir up a sh** storm in your tank, don't expect things to be all hunky dory. You have to remember that I am a bare bottom tank and I got a tiny bit lax on my maintenance. My signature line should give you a clue as to what happened. So after losing close to a $1000 in coral colonies, maybe more, it is a hard lesson and not easy to go back and relive. Are you getting a clue yet????? Things are starting to get back to normal and I will live with my mistake and what I have left.
I am back on a better maintenance schedule, and hopefully things will mellow out. And as you have noticed, I have been a little quiet, because I am no one to ask. All the experience that I have just got flushed down the toilet, it is almost like starting over. And, as this is the second time this kind of thing has happened to this system, I hope you can understand why I haven't been around, because it really f****** hurts to watch stuff die right in front of your face, especially when you know the damage is irreversible.
The worst part is that you KNOW that there are a certain few folks out there that are giggling uncontrollably right now.
I will attach a pic I took last Sunday, things have a little more room to grow these days.
Hope you all are satisfied with this explanation :):).

Attachments

• IMG_9949.jpg
    IMG_9949.jpg
    56.4 KB
I understand Charlie and see where you are coming from. If I have anything you would like a frag of, let me know so that we can start rebuilding Rome.

I understand Charlie and see where you are coming from. If I have anything you would like a frag of, let me know so that we can start rebuilding Rome.

Thank God I finally got thru to you, I was hoping you weren't gonna get all the way to my appendix before you quit askin me about things..............................................lol.

No. I don't want any frags of anything, I am gonna be fine, if I overload stuff like I have been known to do, I am gonna be back at ground zero again.

BTW, it is the 10th anniversary of 9-11-2001, take time and thank a fireman.

Back