My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sorry to hear about that Charlie.

I do hope to meet you one day and check out the tank. I just got a green birdsnest that came from your tank :)

I love the pictures, you got some really neat shots. This thread makes me want to get a larger tank!

BTW - What kind of fish is this? Such a beauty!
42651d1321726003-my-300-gallon-sps-tank-img_0745.jpg

That is a 2 bar spinefoot Rabbitfish, courtesy of Aquatic Dreams in Post Falls.

I am gonna have a 100 gallon coming free this next week just in case you are interested, been a freshwater tank for the last 8 years. It is 6' long, so it is shallow, would be a piece of cake to lite.

You will not go wrong with the green birdsnest, if I can't kill it, no one can. And, you always know where you can get more. Just kinda watch tho, mixing softies and sps doesn't always turn out the way you want it to because they aren't really compatible together.

The front door always opens my friend, just bring beer ;).

Always on the defensive lol. I wasn't being sarcastic. I was talking about the rear glass. I like coraline covering the glass. It's is like a natural background.

Sorry for the confusion, I spend most of my time on my ipad which makes typing hard so I'm usually short hand things. Also the reason my spelling is poor lol.

OK, no problem, believe me I noticed the coralline on the front glass when I was taking pics.

Hope your meeting turns out well, we might have to join groups and BBQ up at my place this summer. You can pitch a tent in the backyard if by some chance you have to much to drink, (god forbid). I know this has never happened at meeting at my house before, just a warning;).

Sounds good. The only beer I drink is root beer though lol. We have a cabin near there so I could make a nice trip out of it. Seeing other people's tanks is always my favorite thing.

A summer BBQ with everyone is a fantastic idea!

It has really been proven to me that the reefing community is far friendlier than most other hobbies, I got out of the car scene because almost everyone were a-holes to the nth degree. Glad to be part of it all.

A summer BBQ with everyone is a fantastic idea!

It has really been proven to me that the reefing community is far friendlier than most other hobbies, I got out of the car scene because almost everyone were a-holes to the nth degree. Glad to be part of it all.

There are a**holes everywhere, just ask the people that know me;)

Some of us just hold the alcohol better.........................lol.

OK, I got a question for you all. I need to change the lites on my fuge, should I alter the photo period just like you do on the display tank? I have living things in the fuge, a couple of clowns and a couple of gobies, plus the macro of course. What do you all think?

Hey Charlie,

Just got done reading back several pages, glad to see things are coming around in the tank, it's looking good.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Back