My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I moved some stuff around this morning, like the frag rack and a couple of other corals, I am going to try to get some pics tomorrow when the lights come up.
I am also in the process of losing the last clam that I have, which is a real drag, he is just not opening at all.
icon_sad.gif
. Well…………………. at least the Emperor is not gonna get a buffet lunch from him.
Pics tomorrow folks, see ya then.

OOPS, forgot to post pics, stuff happens when you get my age ;). Things are looking pretty darn good, the lights are at 50% blue and 45% white and 14" off the tank. I am gonna leave them there for a while now and see what happens. I am waiting for OBD to come out with a new program for their controller for the timing on the lights, I hear it could be a goody :).

Anyways, did some water tests today and you can see them here:
Charlie | Tanktracker » Spokane Coeur d Alene Reef Society

I will go ahead and post the pics I took on the 17th now, just to fulfill the obligation..................lol. Here ya go:

Looking really, really good Charlie, only problem is every time I drop in and get caught up the pics of your tank get me itchin again:high5::high5::high5::high5::high5:

Oh, here's a picture of Tripper that I promised a few months ago, sorry it took so long to get it up here, not the best, had a hard drive crash and had to back everything up the hard way, haven't found every thing yet:pray2::pray2::pray2:

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    50.9 KB
Man I can't wait to find a house so I can plan a tank with LED lights... Looking good Charlie.

Looking awesome Charlie, although there goes that itch again:):) pics like that should be xxx rated. Especially since I'm looking dead at my 75 as I type and mentally planning what I would need to upgrade:):):)

Keep at it.

Thank you my friend :).

You are most welcome. I waiting on my last batch of Victorian Cichlids I got to grow out a bit and then will be narrowing it down to three different species with 2m/4f breeding groups and then I'm going to start hunting a 90 gallon reef ready, already got a good stand, a 30 gallon tank for a sump. Then just need to acquire the rest of the hardware.

That's the plan, I'm in no hurry this time, got a few buyers for the fry I produce here locally so I'll be using that money to help fund the build.

Oh, probably a silly question but how does an ro/di unit affect the waters hardness or does it?

I've got some of the hardest damn water I've ever seen, straight out of the spigot, max's out on my freshwater test kit. pH out the spigot is 8.0 - 8.2. That's why I asked, still going to get the ro/di unit, but was curious about the hardness. Thanks for the reply:)

Back