My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

looking great my friend. Hockey season is good for corals too (lol). Is that stylo really blue or is it the 20K lights making it look that way?

Well that is what I meant is, great growth for 20K bulbs. I read in the earlier post you use 20K bulbs.

So that explains why the growth you have is pretty good for 20K bulbs and why it is not as much as someone with 10K bulbs

Charlie, keep the pics coming!!! Things are looking awesome!!! Since comments have been made about your growth, in relationship to your bulbs...I thought I'd comment. How much of your growth do you attribute to your awesome amount and quality of flow? You've got a great flow arrangement and I really think that's where a lot of you growth comes from!!

In addition, your patience and knowledge and tank husbandry have a lot to do with it!!!

Charlie, keep the pics coming!!! Things are looking awesome!!! Since comments have been made about your growth, in relationship to your bulbs...I thought I'd comment. How much of your growth do you attribute to your awesome amount and quality of flow? You've got a great flow arrangement and I really think that's where a lot of you growth comes from!!

In addition, your patience and knowledge and tank husbandry have a lot to do with it!!!

My feeling is, if some folks want to believe that lighting is all there is to growth, that is fine, that is also their prerogative. I think you are correct in saying that flow is equally as important, and maybe husbandry has something to do with it also, but ya know, I am just a hack at this.;)

Well, I've always known you to put a lot of thought into flow. You've also put a lot of emphasis into keeping your parameters well balanced. Granted, lighting is important, but I think chemistry and flow are JUST as important, IF not more so!!

Having seen your tank, in person, more than once, and seen the growth you experience, I can attest that you may be a "hack" but you're a darned good one!! Your corals AND fish love your "hackiness."

Now, Go take pics!! Your pics are ones that I look forward to viewing!!!

I will try not to throw to many repeats in, but I can only take what is fairly close. I am gonna try to take some top down macro pics, but you gotta be steady, and I am not sure I can be that steady. We will try tho.

Back