My 300----- the Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thought I would add a full tank shot too, kind of hard to get a good perspective with the tank broken up like that.

IMG_8898.jpg

Man that is a big tank, every time I see teh full shot, I can tell how big it really is, Looks nice & clean! :D

I gotta tell you, I thought the live rock was going to shed really bad, when I started this out!!! I have only really had to siphon the bottom of the main display about 3 times since January. I still get in there with a powerhead and blow the rocks off, but nothing like I had imagined, or feared. My sump is staying fairly clean too.

Knock on wood!!!!!

It takes about a year before you notice those issues Charlie, just give it time, then you will need to modify your cleaning habits!

I was just stating that I thought the LR would have shed more Scooty, especially after being on a shed band bed for 4 years. I had heard horror stories about that!!!!! I fully expect to have to change alot of things within the next year, all I am doing now is watching and waiting.

Here is an update for July on my little project also. Things are going really well, as I am starting to get my levels dialed in, which I always seem to conveniently forget is a daily thing.:D
The first pic is a frag of Kevin's hammer coral that I have been wanting a piece of for at least 5 years, thanx Kevin, it is doing extremely well in it;s new home.

WOW that is one heck of & odd light:D
I say it looks great though!
I'm planning some upgrades on my RSM 34g, It involves one of my LIII Mini, 250 12K Reeflux & T5's :)
First I must get the other tank out the house, it is sold & will go the 2ND of next month. I must build a custom stand also!

WOW that is one heck of & odd light:D
I say it looks great though!
I'm planning some upgrades on my RSM 34g, It involves one of my LIII Mini, 250 12K Reeflux & T5's :)
First I must get the other tank out the house, it is sold & will go the 2ND of next month. I must build a custom stand also!

Why is it odd??????? It isn't any different than a radium?

I was testing them for Kevin when I bought them. I am glad you like them too. I was thinking of getting a pair of 400w bulbs and throw them on the 300 in conjunction with the Reefflux 10K bulbs.

Very Nice color

Look's real nice there Mr Montana I like the 18K color alot are you using a HQI ballest Charlie?

I was testing them for Kevin when I bought them. I am glad you like them too. I was thinking of getting a pair of 400w bulbs and throw them on the 300 in conjunction with the Reefflux 10K bulbs.

Back