my 48x30x15 shallow peninsula style tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

heres the tank matt@cfi made for me:)thanks matt:)
my husband just done hanging the fixture tonight...as u can see the stand is not done yet...the tank is in our room..yup in our room..thats where the tank is(my choice eversince:))
heres some pics i took..

front of tank
DSC07587.jpg

the side
DSC07588.jpg

DSC07589.jpg

DSC07591.jpg

the hanging fixture...its outer orbit 2x250w mh with 4x54w t5's and lunars
the my husband put a piece of wood just to secure it...the color will match the color of the stand dark cherry red:)
DSC07590.jpg

heres the polished edge...i like it:)
DSC07592.jpg

i wanted to make it look like kinda rimless so i ask matt if he can do a very thin euro brace and he did:p
DSC07593.jpg

he drilled 2 holes on each side of the overflow as we are planning to put loclines in there for the return
DSC07594.jpg

we will be filling up the tank hopefully this week so we can start cycling it..
as for the sump,i will be putting this sump that i got from jnarowe,thanks jonathan:)
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50921
i will use it as a frag tank too that way i can just have 1 system to maintain:)

thats it for now..i will be updating later on...hopefully i can fill this up this week..
:):):)

can't wait to see this develop. That is a great looking tank. And with all that great livestock you have....this tank is going to rock!

Awesome! Im glad someone grabbed that sump! I wanted to grab it but couldn't find a truck. Thats going to be perfect! Good luck with everything! That overflow cover is a great idea too and definitely needed on my system. I have all sorts of life already in my overflow box already lol

I am happy to see this tank in the works! it will be a great look down tank! and with all those sweet corals you have im sure there will be some lookin down!!!

CHeers!
Matt

and of course the burning question on my mind...
what skimmer is going on that awesome tank???

looks beautiful so far!

and so much for sleeping in on the weekend....lol

Last edited:
and of course the burning question on my mind...
what skimmer is going on that awesome tank???

looks beautiful so far!

and so much for sleeping in on the weekend....lol
i am gonna use my current skimmer AE ETSS tech sump buddy 40 series...
is this gonna be fine or do i need to upgrade?what skimmer can u recommend?something affordable but works like a champ:D

i am gonna use my current skimmer AE ETSS tech sump buddy 40 series...
is this gonna be fine or do i need to upgrade?what skimmer can u recommend?something affordable but works like a champ:D

Go with a Cone!!! I have a ATB medium cone with a Eheim 1262 pump and it is the most productive/efficient/silent skimmer I have ever used. they are spendy but worth the money. (this skimmer retails at $1400)

Matt

I too, love that skimmer, but it is far from affordable. :(

first off, the sump buddy, not a bad little skimmer, and there is some tweaking there...if you modified the bio ball type and and amount, as well as putting a valve on the air inlet, and put a 900-1000gph pump on it, it would probably make some good foam/skimmate, and be enough skimming for a med stocked tank that size, but as with any injection skimmer, it's the watts your using with a 900-1000gph pump (probably 85-110watts) to produce that foam.

you want a skimmer that will provide you with 500-700lph of air injection,
most likely a cone shaped body, low energy consumption, and affordable, so the first ones that comes to mind are these:
http://www.shop.reeffiltration.com/product.sc?productId=39&categoryId=2
http://saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=77

hmmm...my bro in law has a cone shape skimmer that we borrowed before when i had to cycle my other tank...it doesnt have a name(came off) but its big...it was skimming really good..what i hate is u have to adjust it,theres a button where u adjust it..though my water level in the sump was unstable because i top off water manually..so sometimes it always overflow thats why i never use it anymore..i will get it from my bro in law again and take pic of it and could u let me know what skimmer that is and if it will do the work...if not i guess i will habe to buy either one of the links u recommend me:)

Back