my 48x30x15 shallow peninsula style tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thanks for the compliments:)
hank im glad the light is doing its job....:)

so i have been into flower anemones lately and got me a couple of nice anemones..:)
heres few pics i took....
neon green flower anemone
IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

pink flower....i love this one..i just got this one,not fully open yet..shy at the moment,had to move it for picture taking:D
IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

raptors
IMG_0745.jpg

red hornet
IMG_0751.jpg

purple hornet
rawpics-1.jpg

???????i call it orange magicians
IMG_0731.jpg

original magicians on left and orange on right...i dont know why they do this whenever i touch them...they pucker up:D
IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

pink zippers(this one i have to cropped...its too far)
IMG_0747.jpg

Last edited:
My Orange Magician, and chong bongs went bye bye:cry::( Would love to get another zoa pack from you soon.

I have been waiting over three weeks for the LFS to get me a harlequin shrimp, and they still havn't got one in.:mad:
Been picking asterinas by hand every day, but they have still managed to devour a few zoas lately. I've lost at least 6 or more varieties over the last month or so. (12+ polyps acid drop PEs, 5 polyps chong bongs, 8 polyps blue hornets, 1 polyp orange magician, 12+ polyps Bam Bams, 3 polyps deepwater red)
:mad::evil::mad::evil::mad::evil:

Last edited:
under the red hornets you got the purple hornets but what the f is next to those they are sick i want some of the purple and green guys

Pretty flower nems....are they on the move?
Had mine for a few months now, seem to move a lot in the beginning.
i have them on my sump....i have my mini carpets there too...i have lost 2 clownfish a picasso and a platinum because of one of my mini...and im sure the flowers will eat fish too so they are not allowed in the display:D
flowers seem to behave better than the mini carpets.

My Orange Magician, and chong bongs went bye bye:cry::( Would love to get another zoa pack from you soon.
sorry to hear ben...when u are ready and your tank is stable again let me know...

under the red hornets you got the purple hornets but what the f is next to those they are sick i want some of the purple and green guys
i think u are talking about the fruitloops....:)

i have them on my sump....i have my mini carpets there too...i have lost 2 clownfish a picasso and a platinum because of one of my mini...and im sure the flowers will eat fish too so they are not allowed in the display:D
flowers seem to behave better than the mini carpets.

sorry to hear ben...when u are ready and your tank is stable again let me know...

i think u are talking about the fruitloops....:)

My tank is actually doing great, it's just those darn starfish trying to clear me out. I will continue to pick them out, and hopefully they can get my harley next week. Maybe next month when I get paid on the 20th?
Oh, I also had weird flatworms but got rid of them, and I found an unknown crab in there that might have been doing some of the damage too.

i had been through LPS and solfty in the past,,i gussed i,m out of date

i'd never seen any magneficent and such a hiend zoo frags and great LPS stuffs that you collected so healthy,,congrats and cheer.and please ,, keep on posting
sincerely,,.

got the fruit loops already there on the left hand side of pic
im not sure i just got them as aussie mean greens from cherry corals last year and it has been like that eversince...doesnt grow.:confused:

i had been through LPS and solfty in the past,,i gussed i,m out of date

i'd never seen any magneficent and such a hiend zoo frags and great LPS stuffs that you collected so healthy,,congrats and cheer.and please ,, keep on posting
sincerely,,.
thanks dang:)

Wonderful aquarium! Very refreshing from all the SPS dominated aquariums I have been watching lately. You have some very good husbandry skills.
Could you post some pictures and explain the filtration system a bit?
Thanks, Frank.

Wonderful aquarium! Very refreshing from all the SPS dominated aquariums I have been watching lately. You have some very good husbandry skills.
Could you post some pictures and explain the filtration system a bit?
Thanks, Frank.
thanks...im only running a skimmer and change carbon every 2 weeks...water change 5-10gal weekly...:)

Thanks for the fast reply. Yup, that is all you really need anyhow ;)
What type of carbon are you running and how? Mesh bag, passive flow or a carbon reactor?
Good work on the weekly water changes. I am a huge fan of 5-10% weekly change outs to replenish the nutrients.

Thanks for the fast reply. Yup, that is all you really need anyhow ;)
What type of carbon are you running and how? Mesh bag, passive flow or a carbon reactor?
Good work on the weekly water changes. I am a huge fan of 5-10% weekly change outs to replenish the nutrients.
just carbon in a mesh bag,i just put it by the return pump in the sump...
i have a big sump though,its a 48x24x9...

That is how I do it. Reactors tend to channel.
Mesh bags will channel also. Kneading it daily will prevent this from happening and you will get better usage of it all. Half cup should last you 4 weeks if you start to do this.

Man we need a macro lens. Nice shots guys. We want a frag of those Rasta's when you get enough :D.

Back