My 50

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Its back in the lumber department by where they keep the acrylic dowels and such. Its not in with the other glues and adhesives. I have bought it there myself but i would definitely call back and make sure before you made the drive. We have some here at the shop as well but that's a further drive for you but you are welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Its back in the lumber department by where they keep the acrylic dowels and such. Its not in with the other glues and adhesives. I have bought it there myself but i would definitely call back and make sure before you made the drive. We have some here at the shop as well but that's a further drive for you but you are welcome.

That is were I find it at the store in Sumner.
I have a 1/2 tube here (Bonney Lake) you are welcome to.

BTW Some hobby stores will carry #16

Last edited:
I think I'm just going to drive up there first thing in the morning.
Thanks anyway.
This will give me the rest of the day to pull the sump and get it ready

Well, it took me a while but I managed to find some weldons glue ( Thank-you Eric and peppie ). Have the baffle glued in and drying.
The skimmer is running in a bucket of vinegar.
I'll get it installed tomorrow morning.

I finally got the sump modded and the skimmer going and in the stand.

newsumpandskimmer2.jpg

Wish I could figure out where this hose is suppose to go.
With the fitting on the end of it, it doesn't fit anything on this skimmer.

hose2y.jpg

Is it an adapter (to hook the hose from the pump to the output riser) to silence the air intake?

Is it an adapter (to hook the hose from the pump to the output riser) to silence the air intake?

No.
There are 3 spots on the skimmer a hose can plug into, and the fitting on the end of the hose in question is alot bigger than all of them.
The one on the venturi is about 1/8", and the one on the silencer and drain on the cup are both 1/4". The fitting on the hose is 1/2".

The skimmer is working great without it.
I will have to get a drain hose for the skimmer cup

Then I guess that explains why the fitting is plugged lol

Well, I wasn't happy with the look of the light hanger after it was painted, so I got some new 2" aluminum flat bar and bent it a little different.
I think I'm going with the brushed aluminum look.
Here is the main part.

newlighthanger2.jpg

Back