My 55 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well today was a sad day for my fish tank. Since the news about the job in case we move i sold all of the corals and rock. Josh from inland aquatics found the guy to buy the stuff. So i will be tank less for a little while. I will still be trolling the boards for sure :)

Sorry to hear Brady...Being tankless isn't so bad though. You always have that new tank to look forward to setiing up :)

dang brady. your tank was looking so good too. It's ok though, you know how to set up a sw tank now so your next one will be easier. Hope all is well. Let us know how the job search is going.

I was looking through my pics and come across this one and man did my tank have some good growth over the 2 years it was up and running. The only bad thing where we live at there are not very good lfs here :( None of them sell rodi water none of them sell saltwater. I got spoiled there in Indiana where i could just pick up the rodi and saltwater. They are trying to sell live rock for $10.99 a pound... And the crazy thing is the stuff doesn't look good at all. So looks like i will be looking to upgrade my rodi unit and placing orders for live rock at premium aquatics. Hopefully if all goes well i will have the tank up and running in the next month or so.

I have to say the tank is looking pretty good! I love the black percs, always wanted a pair. When I saw your emperor, it totally reminded me of the one that I had on my tank. The flow really takes a beating when you get growth like that =-)

Im back!!!!!!! Just filled the tank up about 1 hour ago :) Here is the first pic....I was going to start a new thread but i will keep it on this.

Why do you use the HOB filter? Or is it a DSB w/ LR rubble? Also I was going through this thread and saw that you had awesome coralline growth within a month. How did that happen?

^^^^^^^^^
I dont have a sump so i use it as a filter also i run carbon from it. About the coraline i did water changes every 2 weeks and didnt clean the back glass at all.. I really dont know what i did to get it to look like that.

Back