My new 120 upgrade

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What does the ca/Alk come to @1.025 on that salt straight out of the can I wonder if its higher than I.O. ?

That is what I usually do - I just ordered 4 buckets of Reef Crystals last week so I have enough salt for quite a while.

I also ordered some OceanPure to try out. As you probably read it did not work out so well. I am going to try mixing a small batch and see how it goes.

LOL...Nope! They don't bring in the 160 gal bucket...The biggest size they bring in is 50 gal bags which sell for $50.00. I usually buy mine from Premium Aquatics, but this last box I got came in through my friends LFS. He brought me in a 200 gal box ((4) 50 gal bags which are really only for in-store use only and not for sale) but you know how that goes...We are really cool so:)

Oh, I almost forgot! Don't buy the 20 gal box of IO...It's costs $25! :lol: You may as well buy the 50 gal bag one time!

ouch..... i will never complain about salt prices again! :) i just paid 34.00 a piece for 160 gallon Reef Crystals bucket.

Ok - It's done but actually only the beginning

Ok, so after a long last few days I think it's done.... well done is relative in this hobby but the live rock is in and the lighting is on and the skimmer is skimming! Somehow I managed to fit all the live rock in....

I'm tired of drilling, tired of acrylic legs and tired of tie straps! <grin>

Here is a full tank shot....unfortunately the picture makes it look like it's just a flat wall of rock. There is depth, caves and ledges....I promise! :)

fulltank.jpg

Mine is in the same room and is causing all kinds of grief to little space for 2 tanks but I hope to have it drained soon :)

so the bad news of the day is my brand new Sequence Dart pump with only 4 or so days of use on it is squealing loudly. It sounds like the bearings are going out of it. Ugh!

Back