My new 120 upgrade

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Send it back! You should have warrany right? You know what I was curious about? How the "shimmer" effect coming off of the MH's look against the black backround. How does it look? I can't see any from th full shot...

Thanks - so the rock looks ok?

Yeah man...And besides, if you personally don't like it or are un-sure, once you start popping in corals, you won't see much rock anyways! You see, it is people like me who get frustrated with making the rockwork look fantastic because I never had any corals that I could add to make it look any better if it looked like crap:p.

yeah, they have a 3 year warranty on them..... I'll call Sequence in the morning. I hear they are great about pump repair.

krish75 said:
Yeah man...And besides, if you personally don't like it or are un-sure, once you start popping in corals, you won't see much rock anyways! You see, it is people like me who get frustrated with making the rockwork look fantastic because I never had any corals that I could add to make it look any better if it looked like crap:p.

that is a good point - and that is why I made sure I had enough swimming room for fish, caves and ledges for the corals. Hopefully I won't change it much....just let it sit for a while now! :)

that is a good point - and that is why I made sure I had enough swimming room for fish, caves and ledges for the corals. Hopefully I won't change it much....just let it sit for a while now!

Yeah man...Let it sit. Don't be like me who is always fiddling with something. It is good how you have the ditritus settling in a place where you can get to it when doing your water change. I have 2 spots like that:)

i'll report back on that.... i didn't notice it but the lights have only been on for 30 minutes.

Ahh...Cool. Well, if you don't get much on that backwall then that may be a good thing! That may mean your lumerics are directing that light in the right place and not all over the place like my tank! My fish must think it is a disco in there!:eek:

Thank again matt
"Reef Crystals? Alk was 10.5, calcium was 450 and magnesium was 1300 mixed to 1.025 at 77 degrees."
Little high on the CA but less teetering than I.O. possably Magnesium less than 3 to 1 But no salt seems perfect :)

plack said:
You gonna get any more/new fish? for this tank eventually?

Yeah, I am planning on getting quite a few more fish now that I have the space. I'm not sure yet what will be put in the new tank but stay tuned! :)

krish75 said:
Ahh...Cool. Well, if you don't get much on that backwall then that may be a good thing! That may mean your lumerics are directing that light in the right place and not all over the place like my tank! My fish must think it is a disco in there!:eek:

Yeah, I'm not noticing any shimmer on the back wall. The light seems to be directed down into the tank more so than my previous cheap reflectors.

charlie said:
Looks great, now all you need is some coralline, coral and fish, and you'll be set!!!!:D Too bad about the pump tho, but you'll get that straightened out, I'm sure.
I actually hope that coralline doesn't go crazy in this tank! :) In my current 60 gallon tank it grows everywhere... and it grows fast. It gets quite annoying..

now for corals and fish - definitely agree... :)

Yeah, well the pump is working at least...it's not quiet though. I'm sure they'll take care of it as it only has 4 days of use on it.... if they don't then I know not to buy one of their pumps again.

plack said:
Thank again matt
"Reef Crystals? Alk was 10.5, calcium was 450 and magnesium was 1300 mixed to 1.025 at 77 degrees."
Little high on the CA but less teetering than I.O. possably Magnesium less than 3 to 1 But no salt seems perfect :)

yeah, the levels are better than the IO I've been using. My mag was IO was always around 1000 and calcium was 350.

so far so good....

Back