My new 300gal tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lookin nice bigdave!!!!

Ah yes, SAND SAND!! I would have chosen to use sand as well :)

- Elmo

Dave your tank is Great. I got to see his tank yesterday and man it is nice. Dave you did a great job on the stand and the sesign of the plumbing. Plus your wife loves it doesnt she :D

Jeff

PS thanks again for letting me use your driveway

Dave,
AWSOME!!! That turned out just fabulous. I bet your wife is glad to have her living room back?! :D
Look AT all That ReaL EStAte!
Not quit as full as your 90??! whats up with that!? :mad:
Really tho, it looks just incredible. My wife saw the pics and she loves the stand and canopy, how it "looks pushed tight to the wall". She doesnt like seeing any plumbing either!
Well done. In a year from now after your corals have some time to grow out.... MAN...... Can I come over and go snorkeling??? :D
Thanks for the pics..
Jay

Yes the Wife just loves having a 96x28x to the ceiling fish tank in her living room HA! HA!. Thanks for Jeff pouring salt into my wounds while my wife was cleaning the carpet in the living room!

The sand bed has been staying in place for the most part, but there is a spot that is pushing back away from the front. I was a little concern about a sand storm, but I tested it before putting the rock in and no problems. It is only about 2inch deep.

Thanks for all the great comments and it was a pleasure to have Jeff and Ed over to here there comments and Thanks to Ed he saved me $250.00 on not buying the pinpoint calcium monitor. Did some reading and not to many people happy with it.
Thanks to all Dave

Last edited:
It was like christmas again today. I got a call from Eric at The Shark Reef and the UPS man dropped off my chiller. I got a Pacific Coast Imports 1/2 HP.
It came just in time after all day of the MH on the tank was up to 84. :eek: After about 20min it is down to 82 and still dropping. :) Here is a pic.

Thanks Dave

Attachments

• chiller.JPG
    chiller.JPG
    76.9 KB
Very nice Dave, you did a great job of getting this all together! Im impressed:D

big t said:
Very nice Dave, you did a great job of getting this all together! Im impressed:D

Thanks it took alot of time and some help from you and some great threads like Mojo's, Nikki's, and Alberto's I was able to build my dream tank.

I guess now comes some more fun coral and fish selection. My wife loves this hobby lol :mad: . She lets me do as I want she says its to big! It is like a drug get started and just can't stop.

Thanks to all Dave

Here is a few pics. The chiller is working great it took it about 1hr to pull the temp down from 84 to 79. With 400gal of water I think thats pretty good! Now it comes on for about 5min and it is cool again.

The skimmer is working great took a couple a days to get it dialed in but doing good now.

I love the MBV they work great! The system is really quite here more noisy from the skimmer sucking air than anything.

Dave

Ya know Dave... if your bothered by the noise from your skimmer... you can always plumb it into the room behind the tank (like your chiller) and just have it running there. POOF, no more Skimmer noise. *grinz*

It looks great Dave. Glad I could be of some help. So you went from a 90gal to a 300gal. Your next step is your own store. I hear Port Orchard is wide open.

Hooked said:
Great set up--thanks for sharing

Thank you so much I hope to have it full of awsome sps and clams just like yours. I love your the pics of your tank and hope for mine to be that good one day, but as they say it takes time. Thanks again Dave

charlie said:
Dave, time is on your side now. All you gotta do is sit back and watch 'em grow. Sooner than later, you'll get some good results. keep up the good work. :D

Thanks Charlie you are always a positive note for reefers everywhere and well deserved to be the MOTM you got my vote for the year.

Here are some more pictures

Thanks Dave

Looking good

Looks good Dave! If you add anymore equipment you can sleep on my couch when your wife boots you out- just bring the tank with you :lol: No, really if you need anymore stuff get with Eric or Mario and we'll work on pricing for you. ( like my new skimmers.... hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge ) Talk to you soon

Dave it was a pleasure to meet you. I loved your setup! This thing is going to be TOTM material in no time :D See you again soon.

Back