My new 300gal tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks all of you have responded. The tank is running great and I picked up my new skimmer from IAP and can't wait to hook it up. Here is some pictures of it this thing is built great and I think they will being selling allot of skimmers in the future. I had them build it with two towers so it would work like a tall skimmer but still can get it under my stand. Thanks again IAP and Ocean Reef Aquatics.

Attachments

• simmer1.JPG
    simmer1.JPG
    56.4 KB
Man, that thing's a beast!!!

Looks really good though.

Nick

Dave that new skimmer is the forshizzle! You guys have to see this tank in person, the pix do it no justice as usual. Really great setup, and well thought out, except for the sand. poke poke. This tank is well on its way to totm material :D

That skimmer all I can say is wow!! after you get it up and running for while give us some feedback on skimmer, it's something I could be interested in the future.

mkpaulson said:
That skimmer all I can say is wow!! after you get it up and running for while give us some feedback on skimmer, it's something I could be interested in the future.

I second that!!!!! Bet you can't wait to fill it up with some gooey brown slime!!! :D :D :D We will definitly want to see some pics of it in action.

charlie said:
I second that!!!!! Bet you can't wait to fill it up with some gooey brown slime!!! :D :D :D We will definitly want to see some pics of it in action.

Sure thing I'm waiting on a 2inch gate valve that I ordered as soon as it gets here I will be setting it up and will get some pictures.

Thanks Dave

bradreef said:
Nice looking skimmer. Iap does make great stuff. pics of it working please......

Thanks Brad I will get some pics of it running when I get the new pump Sequence 1000 series (5000). IAP is a great bunch of guys and I wouldn't shop anywhere else they have always stood behind there work and you don't have to ship you stuff off if you do have a problem.

Dave

Iap Skimmer

Here is up and running now. It has only been running for about 10min so I will get some more pictures later to see the results. It is full of tiny bubbles so should see the foam soon. Thanks Dave

bigdave said:
Here is up and running now. It has only been running for about 10min so I will get some more pictures later to see the results. It is full of tiny bubbles so should see the foam soon. Thanks Dave

I am wondering what the break in period is gonna be on that? It took my skimmer about 2-3 days to rreally get goin good. Nice job Dave!! :D

Looks good dave! What pump are you currently running on that thing? How long do you think it will take to break in? The one that I am running took about 3 or so days to really start working good.

charlie said:
I am wondering what the break in period is gonna be on that? It took my skimmer about 2-3 days to rreally get goin good. Nice job Dave!! :D

Well here are some pictures of the skimmer running for 24hr with a little adjustments and a wet floor it is running good. I was talking with Big T on the phone when I found out that the 5gal bucket I was using to dial it in was overflown on to the floor. Luckily the wife was in bed and I have a carpet cleaner :badgrin: . Thanks to Tom he give me a few pointers on dialing it in and its working great. Thanks Dave

Attachments

• skimmate2.JPG
    skimmate2.JPG
    95 KB
big t said:
Looks good dave! What pump are you currently running on that thing? How long do you think it will take to break in? The one that I am running took about 3 or so days to really start working good.

Tom i'm using a Ampmaster 3600. I tried my 4700 on it and was even getting ready to buy a Sequence 5000 Thankfully I didn't because I thought the 4700 was going to blow the top off :eek: . Thanks Dave

Well it has been running for 2 days now and its doing great. Thanks Brian at IAP for making another fine product. My collection cup is about half full and all of my brown algea is dying back and haven't even had to clean the front of the tank today. All the test is as follows PH 8.2, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, phosphate 0.

Woo Hoo ! IT WORKS, IT WORKS.....I love it when a plan comes together.
Thanx for being one of our favorite guinea pigs Dave.

mkpaulson said:

Well it has been a couple of weeks now and I have to say the big skimmer from IAP works great! :) The beckett Injectors are the best by far this thing will run circles around a needle wheel skimmer anyday. Thanks Brian and Larry at IAP. I highly recommend there skimmers when they start on production. Dave

Hey D, how is that thing doing? Looks like the same picture from the 27th? How hard has it been to tune the twin tower? Hope all is well up there. Look forward to seeing you this week.

Wow! Great job Dave - your set-up is amazing!! For sure continue to keep us posted on the skimmer's performance. It looks like the "twin tower" will be great for those with really large tanks that are restricted to under the stand. Look forward to more updates!

Back