My new 300gal tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Nikki.

Took some pictures of some of the fish still trying to take a good picture.
Can anyone tell me how to get them to stay still. :lol:

Thanks Dave

Man that skimmer is sick, better be careful the "Save the plankton society" will be knocking on your door so,LOL

Can you tank a full tank shot?? I would like to see the whole aquascaping

Mike

I picked up a orange cap and the small clam from Indoor Reef in T-town. The other clams came from Ocean Reef Aquatics and The Sharks Reef over here in Kitsap. Thanks Dave

big t said:
Hey D, how is that thing doing? Looks like the same picture from the 27th? How hard has it been to tune the twin tower? Hope all is well up there. Look forward to seeing you this week.

The IAP skimmer is doing great I couldn't be more happier with it :) . It was not bad tuning it a couple of days and she was running great and haven't had to really mess with it since then ever now and then mess with it. I can't wait til there are in full swing building them. I spoke with Brian today and it looks like the models are going to be running in the local shops in a few weeks.

To everyone out there reading this what a difference a great skimmer makes.
Spend the money the first time and do it right you want regret it.

Thanks Dave

Dave your tank looks great!
When you say you have to mess with your skimmer every now and then...what are you messing with and why?

Nick

maxx said:
Dave your tank looks great!
When you say you have to mess with your skimmer every now and then...what are you messing with and why?

Nick

Nick just when I want to change the output of foam from like soup to wet I mess with the air valves on the becketts and the gate valve to change how it is running other than that after the break in it was good to go.

Thanks Dave

Well just as it was all starting to look good I had to move to a new house and screw it all up! Big T and Jeff(stang69) was a great help with out them I wouldn't have been able to do it, but I haven't got a clue as to what happened but over the next couple of nights after getting the corals back in I lost 3 clams and about 15 colonies of sps. I also lost 17green croms and and 3 other fish. We used 3/4 of the old water and mixed up some new and they was never cold. I guess I will never know, but time to go start getting some more frags.

Special Thanks to Tom and Jeff you guys were live savers

Thanks Dave

I moved for a second time this year a couple weeks ago and I had a few corals with issues but overall it wasn't tragic. wierd you and tom had these bad moves because you both seemed to do it right..

Dave - So sorry to hear about your losses! Hang in there

Thanks for the kind words. Me and Tom both have had unexplaned coral death everything seems to be in order we did it quick and was looking great until the next day. Thanks Dave

Hey Dave, total bummer about the massive death. :( I am still convinced your problems were, in part, due to those brass fittings ( ie... copper ) that you and Big T used. But, no matter how you look at it, that totally sucks. I have been pretty lucky with my corals and inverts through my move but have lost a bit of fish. My little purple tang lost it's fight with the ick and velvet monster this morning, the tomato clown isn't doing too hot either. The sohol Tang croaked withing 24 hrs, my big coral banded shrimp lost both his claws somehow and I have not seen him since. :eek: All in all, moving large tanks full of well established live stock is not very much fun. Let's have a pity party after the PSAS picnic shall we ? ;)

Dave, I am sorry if it it due to the piece of brass. I don't think that was it, but I am going to run it next time I do a water change for a couple hours and see if it tests pos for copper. On a good note my tank is turning around, so it won't be too long for yours to get better.

Back