My "new" Aquapod 24 with 150w HQI lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Matt, I bet there are no more than a dozen nanos in the entire world with their own dedicated chiller. So how again is this nano going to save you money?:lol:

Where do I get on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I need one!!!! Looks great Matt! You know what's going to be next on my list:)

What pump are you feeding it with?

Matt, I bet there are no more than a dozen nanos in the entire world with their own dedicated chiller. So how again is this nano going to save you money?:lol:

*laff* honestly I've spent less on the entire nano setup than I did on the 1/4 hp chiller for my old tank.

and by the way - alot of nano's have chillers. :) just not one like this. :) so there! :p

Where do I get on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I need one!!!! Looks great Matt! You know what's going to be next on my list:)
What pump are you feeding it with?

It's being fed with a maxi-jet 900 that is actually my "return" pump. it does not require much flow and it's 1/2" tubing. Very compact... it's very very quiet as well if I have not mentioned that before. It also only requires 1.8 amps to start up which is sweet.

My wife laughed when I showed her that pic (sarcastically) and just said, "Yep" :rolleyes: :lol: I'll see if I need one when my pod comes :)

Yeah, the PA information is incorrect. The Nano chiller is 1/20 but the Mini chiller is 1/15.

Here are the correct specs from the jbj page:

prod_chiller_nanomini2.jpg

My wife laughed when I showed her that pic (sarcastically) and just said, "Yep" :rolleyes: :lol: I'll see if I need one when my pod comes :)

Well to me it's just piece of mind knowing that my tank won't overheat and I know there are other ways to cool a tank off but I just like the chiller approach. :) plus I like gadgets....

Yeah, the PA information is incorrect. The Nano chiller is 1/20 but the Mini chiller is 1/15.

Ahh...Cool. Thanks:)

Well to me it's just piece of mind knowing that my tank won't overheat and I know there are other ways to cool a tank off but I just like the chiller approach. plus I like gadgets....

Yeah...A chiller is the easiest way IMO. :)

the JBJ Nano I bought from Marine Depot. I tend to buy from them as they ship quickly and it gets here in 2 days or so.

I think the chillers are prefect for the little Nano tanks. I've read about alot of people having to prop the lids open etc due to temps. At that point why have a lid.

I agree and I want a jawfish as my last fish so I need to have a top on it anyway. The chiller was the best option....and it was affordable.

Hey Matt...I was looking at your photos on Post #38 with the chiller and noticed the output on the left side of the tank. Is that "head" you have on there something you added or did that come with the tank? I know the JBJ nano's come with a little piece of crap head(LOL) and wondered what the Aquapods came with:)

Back