My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thank you all for your encouraging words! I picked up a few frags at the frag mtg yesturday that I'm hoping will do well. Got some "purple monster" from Ed that I really would like to see do well. Tom, your Tang is really picking up on the algae eating, great fish!

Wow, Todd. The tank is lookin' great. Looks like those Lionfish are doin' great.

Just let me know when you need me to come down and 'relieve' you of your coral overgrowth! :D

awesome improvement since i saw it last! your corals are looking great! loving those lion fish too.... keep posting pics as the tank continues to grow!

Picked up my "new" sump from BigT last pm. For those of you that haven't seen this thing of beauty I will post a "few" pictures of it. No details were skipped on this build. Check it out...

DSC_2299Medium.jpg

DSC_2307Medium.jpg

DSC_2311Medium.jpg

DSC_2327Medium.jpg

DSC_2333Medium.jpg

DSC_2334Medium.jpg

DSC_2416Medium.jpg

The three holes running down the middle are for water changes, the one near the tank overfllow is for the skimmer feed, and the two outer ones on the end are return feed and chiller feed....nice.

Last edited:
That's really nice Todd!! I guess you will miss Tom bigtime when he leaves for Germany! Better get all those projects out of the way now:p

That Tom does some really nice work, we'll miss him for sure but I'm sure Germany has faster Internet so I doubt he would be off-line long I'm guessing! Todd, what size pump are you planning to use with all that? I have to ask, because my sequence Wahoo, converted Tarpon is sorta loud for the room but I still haven't enclosed it in the stand yet. I may consider a replacement pump, something smaller?

But wait....:confused: it's not installed yet???:D

Lots of stuff to do before installing this sump since I woulld like to be able to utilize all of the functions of this sump. Its going real remote (under the stairs) so I'm going to paint that area, install an exhaust fan (already have it) need some more plumbing and another pump. Yes! Another project!

Last edited:
That's really nice Todd!! I guess you will miss Tom bigtime when he leaves for Germany! Better get all those projects out of the way now:p

Indeed Krish! I really want to get my airstone skimmer converted over to a needle wheel before he goes, and...and...:lol:

That Tom does some really nice work, we'll miss him for sure but I'm sure Germany has faster Internet so I doubt he would be off-line long I'm guessing! Todd, what size pump are you planning to use with all that? I have to ask, because my sequence Wahoo, converted Tarpon is sorta loud for the room but I still haven't enclosed it in the stand yet. I may consider a replacement pump, something smaller?

I'm going to use the same return pump I had on my other sump (it is a converted 110g tank). It is a PanWorld 100PX-MD40R External Water Pump - 790gph been working just fine. For my feeder pump to the skimmer I'm getting a PanWorld 40PX-MD20R External Water Pump - 480gph. I've been very happy with the PanWorlds.

Todd,
you might consider either leaving room for a dehumidifier or buying and setting it back there before you get everything done.

Just a thought. Sump looks great!

Nick

Todd,
you might consider either leaving room for a dehumidifier or buying and setting it back there before you get everything done.

Just a thought. Sump looks great!

Nick

My thought is that the exhaust fan that is going into the wall blowing staight outside will be plenty. If needed, I will/can hook up a dehumidifier in the adjoining closet.

That works too. Just throwing the idea out there.

Nick

So, ummm... I saw the camera out... I saw the really nice lens attached to it... and I saw some really nice frags that you NEED to post pictures of. So what seems to be the problem here?

Thanks for the frag. Looks good in the tank. Found a nice spot right up front in the middle.

So, ummm... I saw the camera out... I saw the really nice lens attached to it... and I saw some really nice frags that you NEED to post pictures of. So what seems to be the problem here?

Thanks for the frag. Looks good in the tank. Found a nice spot right up front in the middle.

What, your not happy with the full tank shots? I work on perfecting my photography skills and get some posted:oops:

Wow Todd the tank looks great and it seems like corals are really taking off! I am DROOOLING over that new sump! Next tank i will have a "fishroom" for all the equipment!

Back