My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So I went to my LFS and what should I stumble upon...a rare yellow morph dwarf fuzzy lionfish:eek: I just had to have this little guy for the lions den. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:D

DSC_0712Medium.jpg

DSC_0727aMedium.jpg

DSC_0745aMedium.jpg

Check out this link and you can see how rare this little one is: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-11/fm/feature/index.php see figure 8.

Thanks Dang, I'll do that for sure, besides I need some good spicy food! Hey, are you at all affiliated with the tamarindthai here in Tacoma?

krish75 said:
Nice Todd!!! That's my first time ever seeing one of them! How has the tank been doing these days?
Yeah, they are one of those rare lions that slip into the hobby on occasion. I was so shocked to see it at Indoor Reef (one of our sponsors). I should have bought a lotto ticket right after:D

That is a cool looking fish. It should have its own thread. they are hard to find for sale. doesn't seem like there are many of them.

Krish- dont worry I am sure it wont be long before you swim by one out in the ocean there. If the other ones can get there the yellow ones can also.

no,, we got nothing to do with tamarindthai in tacoma,,,they stole and use my name,,i'm plan to visit sometime in the near future,,,could you tell me where are they located at?,,let me know when you want to stop by.
DisturbedReefer said:
Thanks Dang, I'll do that for sure, besides I need some good spicy food! Hey, are you at all affiliated with the tamarindthai here in Tacoma?

Krish- dont worry I am sure it wont be long before you swim by one out in the ocean there. If the other ones can get there the yellow ones can also.

Yeah right! Soon we will have great whites at thie rate things are going:shock:

tamarindthai said:
no,, we got nothing to do with tamarindthai in tacoma,,,they stole and use my name,,i'm plan to visit sometime in the near future,,,could you tell me where are they located at?,,let me know when you want to stop by.
I will look it up for you and pm you with the information tonight Dang.

bradreef said:
That is a cool looking fish. It should have its own thread. they are hard to find for sale. doesn't seem like there are many of them.
I think you are right I will do that tonight, after I get some more shots of the little one;) BTW it is doing great in the tank, gets around even better that it's larger Radiata tank mates.

Ken, just let me know when you want to get together. I will send you my newest info through PM. Here are a few more shots of the new little feller.

DSC_0771aMedium.jpg

DSC_0768aMedium.jpg

DSC_0868fixedMedium.jpg

I love that last Lionfish pic! I saw it in the best fish pic thread, and thought it was outstanding!

Thanks Nikki! Yeah, I'm a bit partial to that one as well...it's now my background on my computer:D This fish is great, and everyone is getting along well in the tank. I fed the lions last night and the little one grubbed. They are all still on live food so they are only getting ghost shrimp for now, hopefully I can get them weened to frozen and start giving them better foods. My old Volitans ate better than we did:p

With a little help from my friends...ok a lot of help, *I* finally made a calcium reactor for DaCube. Here are a few shots of it up and running, I also took a shot of the skimmer in action since it's been awhile since I posted any shots of it. next project is to add some needle wheel pumps to the skimmer and eliminate the stones.

DSC_0917Large.jpg

DSC_0923Large.jpg

DSC_0958Large.jpg

DSC_0926Large.jpg

For those with sharp eyes the temp there is not real, that thermometer is broken.

Back