My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Willie, I can't wait to get that baby on the system. Just need some fittings and one additional pump and I'm in business.

Last edited:
Just a PanWorld 40PX as my skimmer feed. I already have my return pump that I have been using since getting my cube up and running. It's a PanWorld 100PX.

No, I need to make it external and since there is a drain for a skimmer feed I want to use it. So I will hook up an external so I can feed the beast. It has a mag7 on it now so moving to the PanWorld 40PX would be a good choice IMO. We'll see how it goes. I plan on making DaBeast a needlewheel later down the road, after I upgrade the tank to a 4x4x2 (239.4 Gallons ).

Hey Todd, Why the needlewheel conversion?

More efficient and I'm getting tired of replacing the diaphragm on my airpump repeatedly. With the needlewheel conversion the airpump will not have that much pressure and should last much longer. I have been moderately pleased with the results of the air driven, and after seeing how well Tom's skimmer (NW) did I'm in! I will wait to make the jump until I upgrade the tank though since it would be way overkill for what I have now. It will still be overkill but not quite so much;)

Tod, you call that hair algae, that aint hair algae. This is hair algae.
This is a picture of my reef from the seventees or eightees.
Paul

Tod, you call that hair algae, that aint hair algae. This is hair algae.
This is a picture of my reef from the seventees or eightees.
Paul

oh yes, it has been like that at times as well. I try to keep up with it as best as possible. It is starting to recede a bit but being replaced by this funky redish almost looking like cyano but has a texture like short hair algae:evil:

Ok, a few coral shots for Trevor...

DSC_2347aMedium.jpg

DSC_2490aMedium.jpg

DSC_2406a.jpg

DSC_2382aMedium.jpg

DSC_2364aMedium.jpg

Shots need some work, but I'm still learning:oops:

Ok, a few coral shots for Trevor...

:eek: OMG, Me Likie! Ya know that the Bible says, ‘Thou shall not covet thy neighbor’s wife...’ Good thing it doesn’t say anything about coveting your neighbor’s corals! :lol:

I am just in love with the frag in picture number four, foreground, right side. :D

Last edited:
:eek: OMG, Me Likie! Ya know that the Bible says, ‘Thou shall not covet thy neighbor’s wife...’ Good thing it doesn’t say anything about coveting your neighbor’s corals! :lol:

I am just in love with the frag in picture number four, foreground, right side. :D

It's growing:D You saw the one Tom sold out of his tank didn't you ? If not here is a link http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18746
he grew it out from a frag also. I saw it when it was only a quarter that size at his old place.

Finally got the new sump installed along with all the equipment. Still need to get the skimmer on line (didn't have enough SW mixed up, so tonight or tomorrow night). It was a major undertaking getting this in the closet and wedged in where it is, but I really like the improvement!

DSC_2664Medium.jpg

DSC_2665Medium.jpg

DSC_2667Medium.jpg

DSC_2668aMedium.jpg

DSC_2669aMedium.jpg

DSC_2670aMedium.jpg

DSC_2671aMedium.jpg

Back