My new live rock.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wrightme43

Hi everybody. As some of you know I sold almost everything out of my tank. I kept one large piece of tonga branch and some of my favorite frags, and my favorite clams.
Today I got 40 lbs of totoka live rock. Its really really nice. Very light wieght, and very porous. Lots of little nooks to set frags in, and it stacks great. It has lots of little places to interlock and attach with. Its alot like marshall island but seems to come in bigger pieces. Well here are the pictures, its in the curing vat now. It came uncured so it is covered in stuff. LOL

Fishy Business is the LFS. I got it for 4.99 a lb but I did buy all of it to get that price. He has a bunch of aqua cultured rock coming in. He has been getting some really neat cultured rock. I mean living corals all over it. One piece has this giant chunk of super green porites on it, and glaxia corals all kinds of corals. Its crazy what makes it thru.

Nice pieces Steve!!!! I could use some of that:p You know I just finished working on my tank since I talked to you earlier! :eek: 11 1/2 hours total!!!

I was thinking about calling and asking "ya done yit?" Thats Ky talk for "are you done yet?"
I know you have some special folk in the bahammas, but man I wish you could see some of the people here.
For example the other day. I see this guy, getting out of a old beat up like 88 celebrity 4 door. He has blonde hair. A freaking 8-10 mullet and the top and sides shaved like a 2 guard. Ok no biggy seen it before. Then out gets his 16 or 17 year old wife. Pregnant. Again no real biggy seen it before. But then the kicker. She opens the back to let out a 4 or 5 year old that is obviously his son. Exact same haircut!!!!!!!!!!
The kicker is I mean at best she was 13 when she had him, at worst 11. The dude is my age. This place is jacked up sometimes. This was in Casey county KY. I call it crazy county KY. Its special man.

I was thinking about calling and asking "ya done yit?" Thats Ky talk for "are you done yet?"
I know you have some special folk in the bahammas, but man I wish you could see some of the people here.
For example the other day. I see this guy, getting out of a old beat up like 88 celebrity 4 door. He has blonde hair. A freaking 8-10 mullet and the top and sides shaved like a 2 guard. Ok no biggy seen it before. Then out gets his 16 or 17 year old wife. Pregnant. Again no real biggy seen it before. But then the kicker. She opens the back to let out a 4 or 5 year old that is obviously his son. Exact same haircut!!!!!!!!!!
The kicker is I mean at best she was 13 when she had him, at worst 11. The dude is my age. This place is jacked up sometimes. This was in Casey county KY. I call it crazy county KY. Its special man.

ROFL!!! You'll have rednecks and we have...Well, something other than that:p One day I was driving home in 5:00 traffic and this guy was standing up in bumper to bumper traffic, leaning against a wall bald naked with his ding dong swinging smoking a cigarette without a care in the world! :lol: I almost wet myself laughing and went back around the block to throw some firecrackers I had at him, but he was gone:p Then you have the real weirdo's who go in the middle of Town and stop traffic to take a poop in the road :shock: This place has it's freaks as well:p

krish75 said:
ROFL!!! You'll have rednecks and we have...Well, something other than that:p One day I was driving home in 5:00 traffic and this guy was standing up in bumper to bumper traffic, leaning against a wall bald naked with his ding dong swinging smoking a cigarette without a care in the world! :lol: I almost wet myself laughing and went back around the block to throw some firecrackers I had at him, but he was gone:p Then you have the real weirdo's who go in the middle of Town and stop traffic to take a poop in the road :shock: This place has it's freaks as well:p

Krish you made me laugh :) and for that I thank you :lol: Steve, that is awesome rock. I like that type of rock much better than "smooth" rock. It looks really natural and has a lot more potential IMO. ;)

Wrightme43 ,wonder rock for sure, those clean white areas/ would that be fresh storm damage or snap it off there so it fits the box? looks like the collector dude was thinking

Nice live rock Steve!
The tonga branch I got looks different than that stuff.
I will try to get some pics when I pick it up Monday.

As for freaks in your part of the woods...........They are everywhere in the world. They are just in higher concentrations in some places.
You should see what comes outta the woods here in North Idaho.
Dont even get me started on Hawaii.........:lol:

Man Steve...I was just looking at your rocks closely again and you can really do wonders with those pieces! They are prefect for constructing something really cool! I'm use to using crappy rocks and trying to make them look like something, but yours just sitting there looks great on it's own! :)

Mauisreef said:
As for freaks in your part of the woods...........They are everywhere in the world. They are just in higher concentrations in some places.
You should see what comes outta the woods here in North Idaho.
......:lol:

I have, they all moved to northwest Montana:D :D :D :D

great looking rock Steve, that is some real dynamite stuff.

Back