My New Metal Halides

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

there is a PFO dual 250w ballast and a PFO HQI dual 250w ballast. You can use a HQI ballast on mogul bulbs but it will over drive them. I am using the PFO HQI ballast on 10k bulbs and it makes them more white.

You can tell what ballast you have by looking at the label and looking at where the CHECK mark is on the label. You probably bought the regular one unless you specified the HQI ballast.

there is a PFO dual 250w ballast and a PFO HQI dual 250w ballast. You can use a HQI ballast on mogul bulbs but it will over drive them. I am using the PFO HQI ballast on 10k bulbs and it makes them more white.

You can tell what ballast you have by looking at the label and looking at where the CHECK mark is on the label. You probably bought the regular one unless you specified the HQI ballast.

I just checked Matt...It's the regular one:)

86 degrees WOW whats your room temp? makes a huge difference if its warm in the room the tank is in.

BTW that convertor looks familiar :p

P.S. got my fans, send me some of those cool fan mounts :D:D

I can look right at the bulb and not hurt my eyes. I guess it is the spectrum of the bulb. also, I can put my hand under it and not get burned

hmmm that's weird.
Mine hurt my eyes AND i know they can burn my hand too :p .

86 degrees WOW whats your room temp? makes a huge difference if its warm in the room the tank is in.

BTW that convertor looks familiar :p

P.S. got my fans, send me some of those cool fan mounts

LOL...The central air is set to 72 degrees! I think my problem is either the sump or the new canopy. Well, the new canop is a bit different. It is taller, but my old one was open on the top to allow cool air to fall in. I think I'm going to router out the whole right side and put a huge vent in and then 1 more fan. Hopefully that does the trick. I'm going to try and get a more realistic color of the tank using 20k's

How warm has your house been? Maybe you have a defective heater? Submersed mag pumps put out a lot of heat, how many of them are you running?

big t said:
How warm has your house been? Maybe you have a defective heater? Submersed mag pumps put out a lot of heat, how many of them are you running?
I also second the heater, mine was off by about 4-5 degrees may wanna turn that down a bit and see what happens

Krish, as far as looking at the bulb goes, UV is painless to your eyes while its burning them. Its only afterwards that the burn and damage is realized. The little glass envelopes never stop all the UV, so please be careful my friend, we dont want your eyes to be damaged.

Krish, as far as looking at the bulb goes, UV is painless to your eyes while its burning them. Its only afterwards that the burn and damage is realized. The little glass envelopes never stop all the UV, so please be careful my friend, we dont want your eyes to be damaged.

Thanks Luke...I thought of making a protective cover for the front for when I am doing my water changes it will block the light, but have to give the idea a bit more thought. Or I could just throw on some oakley's :cool:

This is as close as I can get the color to match up. It looks more like this picture being really blue, but the photo doesn't show all the shimmering thingys on the back as much as it does in real life and it is a bit brighter (whiter but not as white as the first photos:)

No wonder i'm blind :p .
Well dood you heard Huge T and Scott .
I'd say RO/DI ice cubes or ice in bags but you don't wanna try that so i hope you get your temperature down dood :) .

HEATER??? That's a curse word here:p Naw, I don't use a heater nor does my tank. The house has been set to 75 degrees during the day and on Monday, we had all of our ducking changed, all vents changed and both central air units serviced. I think it is because of the new canopy though...I wish I had my thermometer to tell if the change came when I got it, but I brke it and was waiting on the new one to come with my lights. My last canopy, I removed the entire lid and th whole thing was exposed to the air and a vent sits off to the side of my tank which blows in that direction. Tough call...I may have to take that canopy off and see if it drops, but nonetheless, I think a nice big vent with another fan in there would help some...Or atleast, won't hurt...

Is that a DAMsel i see in the last pic

Yeah...It's called a clown:p I have 2 clowns, 1 yellow tang and 1 wild, psycho, hyperactive wrasse that never keeps put. I've noticed some nice colors on my wrasse under the new lights, but he never stays put long enough to photo him:doubt:

No ice cubes Gabbs. I'd buy a chiller first and hear my wife cuss!:lol:

Back