My new Nano!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yea, i thought mine was gonna get worse but it's done now and I'm just starting to get the hint of light green algae on a few rocks..
There is always a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Okay, so here's a couple "before and after" cleaning pictures that Angie took. All she cleaned was the glass. Nothing done to the sand. Of course, Madison is the center of attraction!!
Before:
3409254737_aba4f797c4_b.jpg

3410062882_c16534ebe9_b.jpg

After:
3410063480_1d758bc5cd_b.jpg

Here's Finn's New and Improved Nano Frag Rack!! This arrived in the mail yesterday, totally unexpected!! Thank you so much Finn!!! Angie LOVES IT!!
3409254903_ceacce52dd_b.jpg

It's going to be perfect for LOTS of Zoas!!! Actually going to move some more in there today from the 75g, since the shrimp and goby won't quit digging everywhere!!! I might have to swipe the PPE and the Nuclear Greens out of the 40g. That'll make Michael happy.....hehehe!!

LOL Ya think so huh? If anything, the PPEs and NGs are going on the rack in the 75!! Until the Nano is more established and has proven to me that it can grow Zoanthids, none of our "one of a kinds" are going in there....lol. We'll put frags of what we have in there....lol.

Yeah, we'll see how long my ideas last!!!

Looks great, Angie! Love the arch! I'll keep checking back and look forward to seeing what you add.

Thanks Everyone!!! Madison is really becoming quite the poser for the camera when we take pictures of her. She really likes the tank too. We are waiting to stock it with fish. I think in the next day or so we'll add more corals from our 40g. So stay tuned!!!

Did you use just the mag float? I have been thinking about buying one but dont want to spend $20 on something for my tank that isnt a coral lol.

COOL ROCK TOO!!!

Yes I used the mag float for my nano when I first cleaned it and I just bought a tiny magfloat for the nano cuz I think it's a better fit for a small tank....lol. If I was you I would spend the money and buy one. They work great!!!

Yup im going to tomorrow then. Tired of using a scrubber pad, i always burn my arm on the light. lol

How old is your little girl by the way? She's cute! I have a 2 1/2 terrible little boy lol. (i wanted a girl) :D

As Angie said, stay tuned, today, for further updates, including a hardware addition and some coral addition. Pics will be included!!

Madison is 3 1/2 going on 16!! Must be because her older brother and sisters are all adults. Well, the youngest will be 18 in September. Madison is quite the "reef nerd" herself and is becoming quite proficient in the names of a lot of fish and corals!!! Start 'em young!!!

Madison is 3 1/2 going on 16!! Must be because her older brother and sisters are all adults. Well, the youngest will be 18 in September. Madison is quite the "reef nerd" herself and is becoming quite proficient in the names of a lot of fish and corals!!! Start 'em young!!!

My daughter Madeleine is 3 1/2 too and I love hearing her rattling off the names of the fish and coral, especially the montipora digitatas and the capricornis.

As Angie said, stay tuned, today, for further updates, including a hardware addition and some coral addition. Pics will be included!!

My kids unfortunately are into other things. I wish they were more into the hobby. They do know all the names of the fish we have though. My son is a tad bit more interested than my daughter is. Everytime we go to the fish store, my daughter asks to stay in the car :(. If we're going to aquarium solutions, my son gets excited to see the octopus. He loves them.

Sooo, where's the new pics?

Well, we didn't get any pics taken yesterday, but I will have Michael take some today and we will get them posted this evening, after we color eggs with Madison....LOL.

Brandy, that sucks that your kids aren't that interested in the hobby. Michael's older kids aren't either, but we're glad that Madison is.

My kids are not interested in it either, I asked my son if he liked it and he said he loved it. I asked him when he gets his own place if he would get a tank and his reply was no it is too much work.

If any of my three kids get into it I think it will be my middle child she is my oldest girl and likes turtles so at least she got the water part going on.

Can't wait to see pictures...

Well, we initially got into the saltwater side of this hobby when my oldest daughter told me she wanted "Nemo" as a high school graduation gift. Wish she'd have asked for a car!!!

Anyway, my son, who's now 19, loved helping Dad out with fish, when he was younger. Madison is quite the fish keeper herself. She actually helped some yesterday and you'll see pictures of our efforts later today!!!

ooooo new pics.. cool..
Ands I have the same problem.. the 11 year old could give a flying rats butt.
But the 5 year old wants his own tank already..

Back