My new Nano!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

you guys are cool parents. My dads hobbies were drinking malt liquor and hitting me closed fisted.

Time for that update I promised. First the equipment update. When Angie decided to start this project, I'd made mention, on a thread or two, that I might be looking for a small CPR Aquafuge. Awhile ago, I got a PM from a fellow local hobbyist and store owner, Vince, aka vinny2261. Vince owns Advanced Aquarium and Terrarium, here in Spokane. He had a few used CPR Aquafuges and wanted to let me know. Well, to make a long story short, which I don't do often....lol.... the other night, Vince showed up while we were playing pool league and delivered a small CPR Aquafuge to us. The Aquafuge is used, but in great shape!! To make matters even better, there was a brand new Aquafuge light, light legs and MJ400 included!! Vince, I promise to make up for this with some sweet frags in the future!!! Yep, you heard me right folks, no money was wanted, just some frags in the future!! WOW were we surprised. Angie's very thrilled with the new equipment addition and will even be more thrilled, when she gets home from work today to find it installed and running!! Vince, we both thank you very much!!!

What would an update be, without pictures of my lil' helper?
3432576770_7d912dc709_b.jpg

3432577006_63cf60ac19_b.jpg

3432577436_e744beae87_b.jpg

3432577938_454d69c1d5_b.jpg

We added a few corals to the tank yesterday as well!!
3431773927_368d4a73cf_b.jpg

Hmmm, I will have to get another pic soon, to show that there are actually 4 different colors of Candy Cane Coral in here now.
3431774109_9d7c1a1799_b.jpg

Frogspawn for the possible future addition of a Clownfish or 2.
3431774327_2ab454a8cc_b.jpg

Pink Hammer Coral with Baby-Blue tips.
3431774755_06292d375c_b.jpg

I think she was most excited to find that I'd fragged our RPEs for the first time, to put some in her tank.
3432588974_15c0b2ff9e_b.jpg

I wanna be first in line for a frag of that blue tiped hammer..
Very nice of VINNIE, how cool is that guy?
She's gonna love it...

And your little helper is sOOOO cute and into this..
Very COOL..

Time for that update I promised. First the equipment update. When Angie decided to start this project, I'd made mention, on a thread or two, that I might be looking for a small CPR Aquafuge. Awhile ago, I got a PM from a fellow local hobbyist and store owner, Vince, aka vinny2261. Vince owns Advanced Aquarium and Terrarium, here in Spokane. He had a few used CPR Aquafuges and wanted to let me know. Well, to make a long story short, which I don't do often....lol.... the other night, Vince showed up while we were playing pool league and delivered a small CPR Aquafuge to us. The Aquafuge is used, but in great shape!! To make matters even better, there was a brand new Aquafuge light, light legs and MJ400 included!! Vince, I promise to make up for this with some sweet frags in the future!!! Yep, you heard me right folks, no money was wanted, just some frags in the future!! WOW were we surprised. Angie's very thrilled with the new equipment addition and will even be more thrilled, when she gets home from work today to find it installed and running!! Vince, we both thank you very much!!!

Wow, Vince is such a great guy. He has helped me out a couple times too. Tank is starting to look great.

Awesome that it came with the cpr light and legs! I want the light stands for our cpr hob refugium. I actually want another refugium too.

Tank is looking good. How long did you wait before adding coral? Is the diatom bloom over?

The 40 breeder I just set up now has diatoms, but I haven't noticed any nitrites or nitrates yet, so I'm still waiting to see if it will go through a cycle. The two largest pieces were fully cured out of an established tank. The other three pieces weren't, but didn't have much odor to them either.

I'm going to wait until the diatoms are gone before adding any live stock and may get some xenia as a test coral.

Charlie is already first in line for that frag, only cuz I forgot to frag it for him, while he was here. But second frag goes to Adam or Chrystal...they can fight about it. Good luck with that one Adam.
I'll lose for sure. LOL
Thanks brother...

Gonna be fun with SPS in there too..

Yeah it will be nice when we get some SPS in there. I'll transfer when Michael's not home or something. He'll never notice his Red Planet gone.....LOL!!

Yeah it will be nice when we get some SPS in there. I'll transfer when Michael's not home or something. He'll never notice his Red Planet gone.....LOL!!

Well you know, the red planet frags did come with two branches ;). He may never notice one of them missing. :lol:

I'm actually going to clip the second branch off of mine so I can have one in the 40gal and one in the 300. My husband doesn't care though because they're all my coral, hahahaha. :p

He starts sweating when it's fragging time and I've got the bone cutters though!

Well, he might not notice it if I just cut a little bit off it...lol!! It's his favorite coral!!! Most of the Nano will be filled with Zoanthids though. I'm totally in love with Zoas!!!!

Ok guys let's get back to what this thread is about!!! I sure as heck don't want this thread closed due to rude comments!!!!!!! Maybe next time you could just PM the person. Thank you!!!

Well, I put about 3-4" of sand in the bottom of the CPR Aquafuge, got it filled with water and plugged in, so it's all online. Took a little additional water, to stabilize my water levels. Now we have a nice cloudy tank, from the mini sand storm. Hoping it clears up within a day or so. Once it clears up, so I can see what I'm doing...lol, I'll add a handful of Chaeto to the fuge!! If it doesn't clear up soon, Angie will never find that "sand colored" Easter Egg I hid in there!! ;);)

sweet gonna grow alot of pods in that bad boy.. and kill trAtes too..
Good on ya..

Might wanna have the Easter egg hunt soon. LOL

Today we added our first fish!!! WOOHOO!!! We have now added a small true percula and it's so bright orange!!! Almost flourescent!! I will get some pics up tomorrow of our new addition. We also added some zoas from our 75g so hopefully those will be open more tomorrow.

Back