My new pico tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, theres sand in the tank. And look Krish, there are two rocks......Now all I need are lights. Soon....

IMG_2024.jpg

If you were following the thread "Question regarding LED Lighting", you have seen the light for this tank.
It is SOOOOOO SWEEEEET!!!!
Here are a couple pics
and video
In the video I started with both the white and blue lights turned down on low. I turned the whites up all the way and then I turned the blues up all they way and then turned the whites down all the way, thats when it got REALLY blue, and then turned the blue lights back down all the way. There is alot of ability to change the color of the lighting on this.

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Nice!!! I was following things on your led light thread and forgot about this one!! I see you have your two rocks now!! :D

That light is AWSOME!!! talk about watts per gallon!! i really like the black sand in there, i think its going to "set off" the zoas under the actinics!

the rock in the tank is perfect, the pictures DONT do them justice. they have awesome depth and look outstanding with the dark sand!!!!

Where are the ZOO's at. Lets get something in there. Just kidding. Tank really does look good.

Patients...everyone always say to go slow!... I'll have something in it this weekend. I will have to play with my camera and see if I can get some decent pics from it.

Okay, here are a few pics. Just the two zoas in there for now. I want to take some time with this and get the zoas in that I really want in there. Not alot of room so I am going to pick and choose what is going in there and where. The little rock, well its actually a shell, with the red ones on it is not staying. It was just a text subject before I put my Sticky Punch PE's in.
Here is also a list of what is tentatively planned to go in.

Miami Vice
Fruit Loops
Seattle Seahawks
Nightmares
Purple Hornets
Red Hornets
Blue Hornets
Blue Steels
LA Lakers
Nuclear Greens
Purple Death
Mean Greens
Teal Rings
King Midas
Spiderman
Raptor's Rainbow
Purple Orchid Rainbow
Sour apples
Speckled Grape
Tubbs Blue
Yellow Brick Roads
Stardust People Eaters
Ding Dang PE’s
Hawaiian Sticky Punch

There is also one lonely snail....for now.
IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

You really have to see this in person. I just cant seem to get the color in pictures. They all seem to be washed out. In person the colors are SOOOOOO much prettier!

thats an impressive list i cant wait to see the tank fill up!! there going to be so happy with all that light!

Thanks,
I will be keeping and eye out for others, but they will have to be colorful. I have a lot of others that might possibly go in, like some no name teal ones I have.

OH, I almost forgot my SunnyD's

Last edited:
Well, I got up this morning and went to turn the lights on on the tank, and noticed both frags of zoas have been moved. Now I know that little snail didnt do it. Cant imagine the flow got stronger overnight and moved them. So I turned the lights on and much to my surprise, what went scurrying across the rock and then under it, was a little crab. He has been in there all this time and I didnt know it. I guess this is his tank and he did a little rearranging last night. I didnt see him long enough to tell if it was an emerald or a rock crab. Looked like a light brown colored emerald from what I saw, but either way, hes okay for now.

Hey Lorrie, really coming together nicely now and will have to make time for a visit next time over to our Pt. No Pt. place. I'm sure its spectacular in person and will see if I can find something you do not already have coral/zoa-wise to add.

Cheers, Todd

Hey Lorrie, really coming together nicely now and will have to make time for a visit next time over to our Pt. No Pt. place. I'm sure its spectacular in person and will see if I can find something you do not already have coral/zoa-wise to add.

Cheers, Todd

Your all definately welcome to stop by anytime.
And thanks for the offer. We can trade. I'll send you home with a few frags, I'm sure.

I got home tonight and turned out the lights on the tank. Waited an hour or so and went in and turned the lights on and caught the little guy trying to pull the zoa frag behind the rock. LOL....He's going to be a character. It is a rock crab too, so he will have to go at some point. Anyone wants him let me know. His shell is probably 3/4" wide. Still a little guy.
Oh I glued down the one frag. The red ones are still loose. I'll let him play with those for a while.

DSC06634.jpg

Back