My new pico tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Okay, so my pico has a new resident.
It is a Tiger Goby. It is only an inch long at most. SOOOOOO tiny! And Sooooo cute!

IMG_2801.jpg

I tried grabbing it with a pair of long tweezers, but that was useless. This could turn into "kill the bristle worm" part 1. That thing was strong.
LOL! That line cracked me up. I remember the first time I grabbed onto a BW and it pulled out of my fingers. Surprising how strong they are when your not expecting it.

Nice goby!

Thanks, hes perfect for this tank. With an open top, I shouldnt need to worry about him jumping out either.

Originally Posted by IPisces
I tried grabbing it with a pair of long tweezers, but that was useless. This could turn into "kill the bristle worm" part 1. That thing was strong.

LOL! That line cracked me up. I remember the first time I grabbed onto a BW and it pulled out of my fingers. Surprising how strong they are when your not expecting it.

HAHA...And its gotten bigger since then too!

Tank is looking amazing. All of the residents look happy. How is that refugium light doing. Is it growing some good stuff.

HAHA!!!!
He came out and I thought I would get a pic to post. Then I noticed he was completely exposed.

IMG_2805.jpg

guess what i caught

IMG_2807.jpg

Yeah, I put him back in the tank.
Hes been a good worm so far.

Great catch and pics Lorrie, and see I told you that something with fins would be a good addition to that lil' tank. It's always or at least usually cool to have something watch you back...

Cheers, Todd

Yeah, so I found the little guy in the overflow this morning. I will fix that so it cant happen again.
He is SOOOOOOOOO tiny!

:suspicious:Well I got home this afternoon and went looking for the little goby. Didnt see him in the tank or in the overflow. I just had to check the refugium, just in case, and sure enought, this guy is a little escape artist. He made it into the refugium. LOL.....So while I was in there getting him out, I thinned out the cheato too.
I fixed him though. I put a piece of vinyl screen over the overflow opening. He cant get thru that. HA!

The little goby is doing great. Now that he cannot get into the overflow anymore. He is out and about all over the rock. He has found his cave too. Hes a cute little guy.

Back