My new pico tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow, I discovered another critter in this little tank. That one rock is just full of surprises. Unfortunately its something that along with the rock crab, will have to go. I spotted 3-4 inches of a bristle worm coming out of a hole in the rock. This thing was a good 1/4-3/8 in wide. I tried grabbing it with a pair of long tweezers, but that was useless. This could turn into "kill the bristle worm" part 1. That thing was strong. I think I am going to do a freshwater dip on the rock this weekend. Get the bristle worm out and see what else comes out of it.

I will get more zoas in it this weekend too.

Hey Lorrie have you ever been able to get that refugium light going?

Its will work fine. I am waiting for my order to get here with the power center to set it all up.

Its been such a nice day outside, I have been working in the yard doing some MUCH needed weeding...yuck...My poor rose garden is over run with weeds. I need to order 10 cubic yards, to start with, of shredded bark and start covering my flower beds.

Well I got my power center today and set the lighting up.
I also added a few more pieces to the tank.

I fragged a piece of my pink sinularia a couple weeks ago so I added one of those frags.
A couple really bright orange mushrooms and a rainbow rodactus mushroom and some king midas zoas

Here's just a few more pics

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

Last edited:
The tank looks really, really nice. Glad to see some color getting in there. Try to capture an actinic shot.

Ive tried getting actinic shots, but I dont know how to set up my camera to get a good shot. It just looks washed out grey. I'll see what I can do.

Okay, dont laugh. These are horrible if you ask me. These are unaltered. Yeah, really! BUT the orange mushrooms are that bright.
One of these days I'll get the book out and see if I can figure out how to get a decent pic under this much blue light.

DSC06734.jpg

DSC06735.jpg

DSC06738.jpg

DSC06736.jpg

Last edited:
I'm taking this kinda slow. I need to frag these zoas out of my 75. Its kinda tought to get to some of them.

Okay, It has been a while. The tank is not filling up real fast, but it is occupied. So far there are a few zoas, couple mushrooms, ricordia, two emerald crabs, they are soooo tiny, a blue legged crab, a phantom anemone shrimp and a clam...oh and a couple mini brittle stars and I am sure a brisstle worm. Oh almost forgot the favia.

No more rock crabs! Couldnt believe there were two rock crabs in that little 3lb rock.

DSC07290.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

lol that shrimp is a cute:D is that the anemone shrimp?

Yes, It is! He is really cute and fun too. I target feed him and he comes running for the piece of food. Of course so does the blue legged crab. The two of them were after the same piece the other day and the blue legged crab won. It was pretty comical!

That tank looks awesome. Glad to see that refugium light working. Do you think that it is bright enough:)

It is DEFINATELY bright enough. It lights up the entire room in the middle of the night! Not too bad. I can still sleep.
When I get it moved out to the dining room, It will make a great nightlight! :sleep:

Back