My new pico tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Found one of the fat brisstle worms.
Hes living in this little colony of zoas. These are actually growing on an old snail shell and the bristtle worm is living inside it.
I saw it peaking out last night. Its a fat thing. Dont know how long it is though.
It can stay for now.
IMG_2353.jpg

Looks pretty sweet Lorrie, and when you finally make a visit up North I'll have some zoa/palys and can frag a piece of Purple Bush Gorgonia to add a little variety in there.

Cheers, Todd

Looks pretty sweet Lorrie, and when you finally make a visit up North I'll have some zoa/palys and can frag a piece of Purple Bush Gorgonia to add a little variety in there.

Cheers, Todd

Hmmm, well are you coming over to the penninsula tonight? :)

I do need to get up to your place and see the tank. Soon...

Why yes I am, could bring a few over but would be more fun to have you up for a visit and pick out the ones you like best. Plus will more than likely be after 9pm before we're on your side of the water.

Todd

Found one of the fat brisstle worms.
Hes living in this little colony of zoas. These are actually growing on an old snail shell and the bristtle worm is living inside it.
I saw it peaking out last night. Its a fat thing. Dont know how long it is though.
It can stay for now.
IMG_2353.jpg

Beautiful shot Lorrie!!! :peace:

Awesome little pico Lorrie. Can't wait to see how everything grows in.

Cheers,
Alex

awesome. do you got any updates? more pics would be way cool id love to see how shes lookin

I've added a couple new zoas. Just one or two polyps of a couple different colors. Still have a resident bristle worm. Hes been good so far. I've even target fed him. I hope he doesnt try to eat my shrimp. Anyway, I will work on new pics.

right on thats awesome. i got a lil bristle worm in my pico as well, just waitin for him to poke his head out when i got the grabbers handy lol. cant wait to check out some pictures!!!!

right on thats awesome. i got a lil bristle worm in my pico as well, just waitin for him to poke his head out when i got the grabbers handy lol. cant wait to check out some pictures!!!!
Haha...good luck with the grabbers. Take my word for it. It doesnt work! They are strong little critters.

I have seen 3 inches of the one in my tank. I know there is probably another good 4 inches yet in the rock. Its a at least 3/8 inch wide. so its got to be pretty long.
I fed the shrimp last night and the worm came out and tried to take the food from it. Of course the shrimp wasnt going to let that happen, so I fed it too.

Okay, so here are a few new pics.
There are a few zoas, a couple mushrooms and a couple favia colonies.
A phantom anemone shrimp, emerald crab and a blue legged crab. Oh and a clam.

DSC08004.jpg

DSC08002.jpg

DSC08014.jpg

DSC08013.jpg

Lookin' good Lorrie, but still think you need something with fins in there. A nice lil Barnacle Blenny with a cool shell for a home would be the ticket!

Cheers, Todd

Yeah....I dont know. I think a blenny is a little too big. There are some really little fish that I thought about getting one of. I'll see about doing that.

oh yea 3/8ths is a decent size one! i just got a lil one in there, probly just guna toss em back in my buddys tank lol

Hey Lorrie, the Barnacle Blenny is a we tiny one says they get to a max of 2" but I've never seen them over about a 1-1/4" especially the Redheaded variant. That LFS in Kirkland has quite often and seem to have alot of fun scurrying from empty Astrea shell to shell. Check em out, here is a link from Live Aquaria on them.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Barnacle Blenny

Cheers, Todd

Back