Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Egg crate for that sock will keep it from falling once it gets a little weighted in the future. You can just do strips of it, or actually cut the circle out...If you plan to keep running it that is..

I've been saving up for this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399217437.788764.jpg

Our LFS carries LS but it's been on the shelf for 2yrs, no thanks! Lol

Well tank/sump are emptied/dried. Never will I do that again! NOT looking forward to tearing down my 26. Feel very bad for those tearing down much bigger tanks. Wonder how many peps keep their tanks running because it's easier-lol.

did you get the wheels for the brute? they aren't cheap, but being able to move that thing around is by far worth it...

did you get the wheels for the brute? they aren't cheap, but being able to move that thing around is by far worth it...

I have a set of wheels that fits my 32 gallon and my 44 gallon brutes and yes they are very nice to have.
I am able to move 30+ gallons of mixed saltwater the length of my house with the wheels.

Won't need wheels. It's called a power head attached to a 20' Python :) My tank is only 15' from my kitchen, which is where my RO/DI unit is attached to the tap. I'll only be needing it for the initial filling then I have a 10g bucket for WC.

good deal on the wheels.. take a minute to consider moving it to clean around it and that sorta thing, how you are going to tunr the pwerhead on and off, and then tell me i'm overthinking it, and save the money you would have spent on the wheels.. :)

I have to choose what's most important ATM. Wheels weren't on the list. The fuge light setup & Brute was $65! Now I gotta wait to get my sand :(

budgets suck.. of course they do well to make you kmow what you want... you are almost there though...and you've done it the right way. be proud of that.

I'm hoping to recoup some funds with the sale of my T5's & BH-1000 :) Gotta have coral moneys don't ya know eh?!! Lol

go through my crappy 'build thread', let me know what you want frags of.. i can send it with the flame algea. (don't be shy, ask for what you want, i'm offering up any of it that i can manage to frag)

Woot woot the Brute is being filled!

This Saturday Upper Peninsula of Michigan Marine Aquarium Society (UPMMAS) is holding their 2nd annual Frag Swap!! At the Land Mark Inn in Marquette :) my home town!! Last year was our first of course and it was my first frag swap to attend. Small it was but it was a great success! We held a fragging demonstration using my 60+ head of CC, which were then given away to all who wanted. None were left! Lol.
Anyways I'm excited for many reason but mainly a SeaChem Rep will be attending and she's bringing substrate!!! Which for me means by Saturday night my tank will begin it's cycle!!
Of course I'll be bringing home some new corals. Sure am glad I didn't tear down my 26-lol.

Sounds like fun.

Was there a substrate you were looking for?

Are you using all new rock in the new tank?
Live?
Dry?

Well I can only hope that the substrate she brings will be to my liking :) Yes I'm using all new dry BRS reef saver rock, 25# to start with. Last time I ordered 30# of dry Pukani and that was way to much! Wound up giving some away. I'm not going for the pound per gallon :)

SeaChem Substrate
Meridian
u9ujarev.jpg

Pearl Beach
e9upa8ad.jpg

Woot woot the Brute is being filled!

OK, I have a question for you.
As you are filling it, how do you plan on shutting off the ro/di?
Do you have a float shut off switch mounted on your barrel?
Or do you have to monitor it while it fills?

I was just looking around for a float shut off switch that would just clip-on or somehow mount on the lip of a brute barrel that would only be temporary. Something that could be removed in a couple seconds.

I saw a way on Reef Central where a guy mounted a shut off float switch to a stick and laid it across the top of his brute container.
I was hoping for something a little more refined.

Back