Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Haha I hear that! Going to start filling the Brute again today. I'll test the pump on that :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Didn't wanna keep boring you all with waiting on my sand......but I'll be picking it up tomorrow!!! We're so small up here that our LFS only receives dry good shipments once a month. I could have gotten it much quicker via online but wanted to support the lil guy :)

Should be up an cycling by Friday!!! Yahooooo meee!! Lol

Yahoo got my sand!! Filling up da brute now :)
5a6u8e6a.jpg

ura4y6em.jpg

sometimes rock is better first, some fish can and will remove sand from under rocks for shelter causing the rock to move and/or fall.potentially harming the underlying animal. and could cause the rock above to tumble as well. i guess it falls down to the fish in your tank.

I don't want the rock sitting directly on the glass. I won't be placing much rock on top of each other. Going with the minimal look :) I understand your concern though, thanks.

She's running!! Freaking awesomeness!!
Marty the pump is perfect and soooo quiet!!! Thank you!!
Total water volume is about 47-50g. 80lbs total of Figi Pink arag-live. 25lbs of BRS Reef Saver rock. Will be dosing BioPronto Marine, live bacteria.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401653267.552995.jpg
de4e9uqu.jpg

ynunenyj.jpg

uhytubuh.jpg

zahebary.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401653293.611772.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401653293.611772.jpg
    22.9 KB
Last edited:
I know right! Took long enough but the result has been totally worth it. No leaks, very very quiet, not a sound from the overflow or the pump. Plus I really like where it's at!

How long do you think I should wait before adding all my Chaeto?

I'm going to start playing with my skimmer tonight. Give it a good vinegar bath & then place it in the sump. Not running of course :)

This fuge lamp you suggested is also perfect. Light spread is great with very little spillage into the overflow & return chambers.

Yuppers Nana's a happy Yooper!

I know right! Took long enough but the result has been totally worth it. No leaks, very very quiet, not a sound from the overflow or the pump. Plus I really like where it's at!

How long do you think I should wait before adding all my Chaeto?

I'm going to start playing with my skimmer tonight. Give it a good vinegar bath & then place it in the sump. Not running of course :)

This fuge lamp you suggested is also perfect. Light spread is great with very little spillage into the overflow & return chambers.

Yuppers Nana's a happy Yooper!

If you are adding a cycle starter bacteria, I'm thinking once the cycle is complete before putting the macro in. I'm guessing if much ammonia shows up, it would hurt it.

Do you have a container you can actually put the skimmer in and run it with a water/vinegar combination for atleast 12 hours?
It will break it in better.

I'm looking at the sump? Is this a display sump? WAT ABOUT UR D.T. ?
Lol...pokin the bear hehe

Good job on supporting ur lfs nana. How many reefers r they're around u? How's the pink sand? Pink enough? Tell us more!
I like pouring the sand around my rock structure but we all do it differently.
Keep up the great work
D

Yup got the perfect container-my Reef Crystals bucket!
I know what I'm feeling isn't new to many out here but to me it is amazing!! I actually feel like a little kid who just learned how to ride a bike without training wheels....

Back