Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Crash & Burn!!! :(
7ymeraru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

I love my son!! He went an bought another 40b, walks in says ma, ya ready to try again? Lets go!!
vebe6uny.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397269336.968991.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397269350.276929.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397269364.230114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397269320.241121.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397269320.241121.jpg
    48.2 KB
Wow, looking at the images of your finished product, my 40B looks exactly the same. Overflow on the right, return on the left. Loc-line and all. I love that set up. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sweet!
Sump done, tank drilled... are you planning on cycling it, or just moving things over from the old tank slowly?
Oh, and was there anything you did different between your first try/tries and your second at drilling? Just wondering if there were any 'lessons learned' worth noting.

Going to cycle this tank. Only things moving into it from the 26 are the livestock. All rock I am getting rid of. Do not want to chance even 1 shroom getting into this one-lol.

As for what happened the first drilling. The drill bit jammed at the end and jerked. Causing the crack. I tried starting at 1 but the bit wouldn't spin so I turned it up to 3. But didn't turn it down once the groove was established. Thus causing the drill to stop very abruptly once I got through. No clutch action :(

when is this bad boy going to see water? i'm excited for you.. and maybe a little jealous, new tanks are so much fun! (i'll take it back when the algea hits :) )

hope you don't mind

attachment.php

Dang!!! I lied about the fumes!! Holy moly!!! I shut my bedroom door to keep the oder out of the rest of the house. Not smart :( opened my door and just about fell over. To dang cold to open the windows!! Ugh! Now what do I do?

Back