New DIY LED build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You would have to shoot guerry a pm on that one lorrie?? lol With my shop I would still be on the first one, lol

Mike

Looking nice Mike, go plug it in and watch it go up on smoke!
Smoker2.gif
Oh I mean do the smoke test!
Smoker.gif

Looking really good. Any updates? Have they been turned on yet. Numbers out on them yet. Would love to hear all about them.

Ok guys Mike been doing all the up dates for this build but I thought I should do this one. I'm one of these builders who will sit back and think about all diffent ways to do things before just jumping in and with this build I've been give some big hills to climb LOL when you have heatsinks that piviot the normal frame work is out the window to say. To over come this problem I came up with a box design that give me a place to mount the piviot brackets and also give me place to install drivers, fuses,resistors wiring and so on, here's some pic's of box constuction
First shot gives you alook at frame work to support piviot brackets hidden within box
IMG_0288-2.jpg

these pic's just show some of outer edge detail
IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

next pic shows inter shelf with be holding drivers and also conseal most the wiring
IMG_0295.jpg

more to come later today and sorry for dragging this prodject on so long just lots small thing to work out to make this the most awsome fixture ever built

Ok well as I said before more to come today well here you go, with a box now built it's time to start mounting the piviot brackets. I first had to drill and tap frame
IMG_0296-1.jpg

I used bracket with pilot hole first then had size hole for countersink stainless hardware
IMG_0298-1.jpg

this is a pic of piviot bracket installed, Oh I should say now that small angel parts still need to be painted but everything has to be fit before paint LOL
IMG_0300-1.jpg

now the next pic's are going to be a real teese of things to come so hold on to your hats

IMG_0305-1.jpg

IMG_0301-1.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304-1.jpg

like that wait till tomarow

Wow just wow. Man that does everything we thought up and more, real slick buddy. I might just screw the reef tank and hang that in my living room, lol

So have you decided what satalite is going put this one into orbit?? lol

perfect timing on some good news, been a tough week.

Mojo

Glad to see you like it, I was beginning to wonder with no reponce if it was the weather and power or you just didn't like it LOL anyway here's alittle more eye candy to help make the day better
IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312-2.jpg

IMG_0313-1.jpg

Just amazing. That is so sweet, there just aren't any words but amazing.
Nice shop Guerry. And excellent job on those lights. Cant wait to see them all lit up.

No it was purely the weather, I cant see pictures on my phone for some reason so I knew something was going on but couldnt see what it was, lol The fixture looks amazing buddy, definately mad my day

Mike

That fixture is just amazing. I can't help to keep wondering though, how is that big fixture going to get from Georgia to Sumner?

Back