New DIY LED build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lets put it this way Dwayne, their will be nothing stopping that fixture from getting to SUmner, lol

Mike

Hey Mike sounds like a road trip!!!

well I'd only have bet some of you have been wondering how is he going to get all the wiring from the heat sinks to the box with those piviot brackets, if so don't feel alone there I've been wondering the same thing LOL and dreamed up 100 diffent ways! With the way we are going to be controlling things there are 8 wires coming from each heatsink
IMG_0318-1.jpg

so it came to me in a vision to use vacume hose from autoparts store to route wires and be protected, this also gives us a flexable link.
IMG_0316-2.jpg

IMG_0314-3.jpg

here's a top view of heatsink fully wired
IMG_0317-2.jpg

OH yell, I hear it's alittle on the cold side out west now but sunny and 79 here today!

Naw, I was out cutting some fallen limbs with the chainsaw today and its way too hot for long underwear. It reached a balmy sunny 45 today in Lynnwood.

mike,

before you turn these bad boys on, make sure you get ground approval from SEATAC air traffic controllers....hahaahahahahahahahah

they are almost there guys, I've got a buddy coming over tomarow to help me flip the fixture so I can do the interal wiring. At 7' long and 26" wide I'm sraced to do myself way to many hours in this project to have an OH S%$t if you know what I mean

Nice update Guerry, that is absolutley amazing!!! I can't wait to see that beast in place and fired up. :) Hey, if Mike is driving down to pick it up, maybe that would be a good time for Frankie and I to come down and visit. LOL

Thanks Chris, I think Mike likes that cold wet weather of north west to much to come over here LOL but you and Frankie are welcome to come down anytime

ok guys I've been working on wiring this beast up, the first pic here shows the wiring coming from just three heatsinks. It will give you an idea of just how much has to be tied in to make this fixture do its magic

IMG_0379.jpg

the next few pic's show the inner pannels I'm making to organize this mess LOL

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0398-1.jpg

IMG_0397-1.jpg

ok got power station done today, what a job that was. Mike wanted system to have single plug, not sure why he didn't want the nomal 5 power stips LOL anyway here it is

IMG_0402-1.jpg

IMG_0403-1.jpg

IMG_0404-1.jpg

what you see there powers everything for the fixture

Wow Guerry. I think this thing might drive itself to Mike's house if you point it in the right direction and give it a push. Very Very NICE WORK!!!

Are those wallwarts for the dimming circuits? If sowhy did you guys not go with the Thomas Research, or the inventroncis drivers that have the built in 10vdc reference voltage. This eliminates all of the extra power consuming wall warts. But I do have to say the build looks awesome. Lots of thought and energy went into this.

Are those wallwarts for the dimming circuits? If sowhy did you guys not go with the Thomas Research, or the inventroncis drivers that have the built in 10vdc reference voltage. This eliminates all of the extra power consuming wall warts. But I do have to say the build looks awesome. Lots of thought and energy went into this.[/QUOTE

no those power 10 fans and 1 controller

Wow Guerry this one just keeps getting more and more impressive. Outstanding craftmanship!!

Mike

Back