New here

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Clockwork

SPS Junkie
Hey folks I am new here . I come aboard with hopes of chatting a learning from other SPS keepers . My usual site has been lacking interesting topics lately.

Anyways Here is a front shot of my SPS tank . The majority of my SPS are eith AC , OWC, CB and a few wilds mixed in .

120-Aug-21-05f.jpg

Pic does not justice but gives a good idea.

Now a little about my tank . It is a 4x2x2 standard 120 . It rests on an oversized DIY stand to house all my goodies . I still feel I need a fish room though.

Equipment is a follows:

Lighting is provided by 3x 250w DE Reef Optix III pendants run by 2 Ice cap Electronics and 1 ARO electronic ballast . Bulbs are 14k PHX . I also run 2 x 95w VHO super Atinics.

Flow is provide by my mag 12 return, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop( 6 outlets)and 3 Tunze 6100's.

Filtration is performed by my Euro Reef 8-2 skimmer .

I use a Korralin 1502 reactor with ARM media and a SM122 PH controller to control and monitor my Effulent.

I also use a Sander ozone unit with a luft air pump and Red Sea airdrier . Ozone is fed into my Euro Reef Skimmer.

A Reef Fanatic Auto top off and a Tunze oSmolator.

And an Aqua controller II controlling or monitoring my goodies.

Very nice indeed, I am not the expert on SPS, but I am so excited about the caliber of people that have recently joined this forum. I am sure to pick some brains.

Welcome aboard!

Ken

Oh!Wow!That tank is indeed beautiful!!Welcome to RF Clockwork! Another tank to aim for!!!Have a good time. :) ;)

Welcome aboard Clockwork!! Tank looks like it progressing along real well!! I love that table on the left side.

MIke

4.gif

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! Your tank is stunning!

Beautiful tank! I love the color of your bulbs too! Have you ever tried a 10k bulb? I am having a time finding a nice bright blue SE bulb with nice color AND PAR :rolleyes: If I swtiched to DE, I could get by with a 14k bulb... humm...

Hello and welcome to Reef Frontiers!
Your tank looks very nice. Is it an acrylic or glass tank? The reason I ask is on a glass tank there is usually a center brace (except on the old ones) and I was wondering how you were able to get 3 halides mounted without shining on it.
I was also wondering how long you have had it setup and if this tank was an upgrade from a previous tank?

Regards,
Kevin

If this is your SPS tank does that mean there are others??? If so we cannot wait to see them. That is a beautiful tank. I also love the table on the left.

WoodStock- Thanks I have used 10k but I like the appearence of my 14ks without much reduced growth . I actually wish a few things would slow down ;)

KevinPro- Thanks! The tank is acrylic and has a big center brace ( which I really dislike) The tank is sort off a upgrade but not really ;) Some of my SPS came out of my 90 gallon which has gone back to a softie type tank. Tank is 2 years old in the making but only has had water in for 8 months now.

MCSinc- I do have more tanks ;) 5 more to be exact. Pics will be added into my gallery here soon . Don't want to post non SPS tanks here ;)

Sushi Reef - Thanks ......soon to come

jlehigh- Thanks ! It has performed very well for me .

Oh boy, another SPS junkie!!! Glad to have you around, and I hope you enjoy it around here. There is an awful lot of knowledgeable people around for you to grab some ideas from. Love the tank, can't wait to see the others too!!

Looks sharp Clockwork! What size ER skimmer do you run on this tank?

Nick

Thanks Guys! Sorry took so long must have my email settings wrong .

Yes my skimmer is an 8-2 and I am thinking about putting my all g3 in the sump also . For some reason it produce darker gunk quicker , while the ER takes a while and it doesn't pull the funk the g3 did IMO

Hey Travis you know me as clkwrk form rc :)

Here are a few new pictures . I have removed some colonies and gotten a few other frags and small colonies.

Full tank shot .
full-shot-sept-05.jpg

Cap close up .
orange-cap-sept-05.jpg

Top down left side inner valley
top-view-bottom-sept-05.jpg

Top down table coral and Tyree super limited stag bottom right corner.
left-side-top-view-sept-05.jpg

Top down shelf area
right-top-view-sept-05.jpg

a few more in a moment.

A little frag I picked up
acan.jpg

A sweet 100% cb echno . Purple/pink
new-purple-pink-echno.jpg

A playfair piec that made its way to me thru another.
playfair-sps.jpg

5th gen cb purple rim cap.
5-gen-purple-rim-cap-sept-0.jpg

cool close up
acro-closeup-with-brittle-s.jpg

and another echno
new-echino.jpg

Back