New here

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah had to put a few pieces in the tank althought I have more than enough in my 90 gallon mixed tank ;)

Hello,
Great tank nice aqua scape love the cliff so where are the 3 halides placed if there is a center brace :) ?

Love the tank clockwork...You honestly did a great job with it! Too bad mine will never look that good :( Are your Tunze on timers?

Thanks folks !

Plack -here is a pic of the lighting rig. I have a large center brace but I keep it clean and it is hard to notice its there.

120-light-rig.jpg

Krish75 - Thanks :) my streams are on single controllers I have more control using singles instead of the multi.

BTW that pic is way tonned down . Other wise it would have been a big white haze

I can control their intervals better . I can have all my pumps running at once and at different strengths .

example I can have the stream that points towards my tables go from 30-100% with quick cycles, another stream towards my lower flow corals going 30- 80% on longer cycles and the other stream blowing across my whole reef at 30-100% on the longest cycle setting . I could not do that with a multi . With the multi I am still stuck with 1 on 2 on or all on and they all would be set at the same cycles and %.

That is one beautiful looking tank! :shock:

I can only hope that I can one day have a tank that beautiful.

Eliyah

Clockwork said:
I can control their intervals better . I can have all my pumps running at once and at different strengths .

example I can have the stream that points towards my tables go from 30-100% with quick cycles, another stream towards my lower flow corals going 30- 80% on longer cycles and the other stream blowing across my whole reef at 30-100% on the longest cycle setting . I could not do that with a multi . With the multi I am still stuck with 1 on 2 on or all on and they all would be set at the same cycles and %.

Hey thanx for the heads up, I had never thought of doin that, but it is a real good idea!!

Thank's for the picture I did not think it would penetrate well thru the brace but it does good job :)

NP Folks. I do have very good ,random turbulent flow thru the whole tank . I get very little detritus build up at all in the display .

As for the light it does do a good job of getting thru the 1/2 acrylic and my center brace is about as wide as the overflow.

On a side note I will be no longer running my reef at temps between 81-83 ( fans only for evap cooling ) and am moving downward to 79-80 with the aid of my 1/4 hp west coast aquatics chiller which I have just never put into service yet. Chiller is to be controlled by my Aqua controller once I get my temp probe's wire ran the right way as to not pick up interference from my Ice cap ballasts.

Back