New house, new baby and new tank...Dailydriven911's 34g Cube!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks like your ready to get started!! Thanks for the post regarding the lighting. I made the same choice and was able to save the 10% on my whole order. I have a few other things coming with it as well. Now , it's just the waiting games on shipping.

I got my tracking info from Salty and it shipped yesterday from California. Looks like it came directly from Kessil instead of Florida. Mine will be here Wednesday of next week!

Jayson, what kind of sump did you get?

A simple Eshopps RS-75. Got mine with a extra hose for return and bulkhead just like the drain side. reef-sump-eshopps-rs-75.jpg

Glad to see you went with the A350 and the Glass Holes kit.
Any reason you went with the A350 instead of the A350W?
I just bit the bullet and ordered an A350W for my frag tank. I have a DIY LED kit I bought from someone who said it was too bright to do anything but grow SPS under and I'm finding that its not as bright as my 250 W Phoenix 14K SE was over my frag tank. I've got Radion's on my other tanks so it will be interesting to compare the two against each other.

I like the Radions and the color choices from the them are phenominal....price sucks and I dont find them to be as user friendly regarding programing as many other people do...but then again, I'm a cop, not a rocket surgeon....

Glad to see you went with the A350 and the Glass Holes kit.
Any reason you went with the A350 instead of the A350W?
I just bit the bullet and ordered an A350W for my frag tank. I have a DIY LED kit I bought from someone who said it was too bright to do anything but grow SPS under and I'm finding that its not as bright as my 250 W Phoenix 14K SE was over my frag tank. I've got Radion's on my other tanks so it will be interesting to compare the two against each other.

I like the Radions and the color choices from the them are phenominal....price sucks and I dont find them to be as user friendly regarding programing as many other people do...but then again, I'm a cop, not a rocket surgeon....

I hear the spread on the A350 is right around 20"-24". I was afraid if i got the A350W it might spill over the edge of the tank too much. I want to hang it quite high above the tank around 18" or so. It might be too much light if too close and don't want to run the risk of burning any corals.

It will be interesting to get your perspective on how the Radion's compare to the Kessil's. I wish the Kessil's had the ability to control the dusk/dawn effect. That's really it's only drawback that I had a hard time with. Looking forward to setting this up but I won't have water in for awhile so please update me on how you like it!

I hear the spread on the A350 is right around 20"-24". I was afraid if i got the A350W it might spill over the edge of the tank too much. I want to hang it quite high above the tank around 18" or so. It might be too much light if too close and don't want to run the risk of burning any corals.

It will be interesting to get your perspective on how the Radion's compare to the Kessil's. I wish the Kessil's had the ability to control the dusk/dawn effect. That's really it's only drawback that I had a hard time with. Looking forward to setting this up but I won't have water in for awhile so please update me on how you like it!

Will do. I figure it will be shipped on Tuesday and will probably arrive on Wednesday or Thursday.
As far as the dawn/dusk thing goes...What did you do when you had MH's?
If you'really wanting to go that route, why not buy a cool fixture that you like and put an Orphek LED bulb in it? Get one of the less expensive ones with fewer LED's and raise it up higher....you're not really trying to get growth out of it, you just want a small light for before/after the Main goes out...

Will do. I figure it will be shipped on Tuesday and will probably arrive on Wednesday or Thursday.
As far as the dawn/dusk thing goes...What did you do when you had MH's?
If you'really wanting to go that route, why not buy a cool fixture that you like and put an Orphek LED bulb in it? Get one of the less expensive ones with fewer LED's and raise it up higher....you're not really trying to get growth out of it, you just want a small light for before/after the Main goes out...

I used the actinic T5's supplements on my old Current fixture. I think you're right I could just throw a Par 38
On it but it might take away the clean look I'm trying to go for. It's not a huge deal though I can live w/o it. :)
Mine will be here Wed but I won't have any good pics for awhile. :(

Tell Angela to get those baby bottles off of your tank work table! Get that thing set up.

WOW!!!
A 24 oz canister of Similac baby formula!!!!

That's awesome!!!

What's with all the crap in front of it?

Nick

Hey I had to incorporate the baby part of my thread somehow lol! The Vortech, RKL, Gl*******s onerflow, DA float switch for RKL and Tom's aqualifter arrived on Tuesday. The Kessil A350 is at home waiting for me and the sump and return pump will be here tomorrow. :) Should have another good update tomorrow and this weekend the tank will go through it's leak test! :)

Back