New Project 120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Anemone split!

Well I just got to watch my Bubble Tip Anemone split!!! What an interesting thing to watch. It was in my 35 gallon hex tank. While this was taking place I heard a crash in the other room. It had sounded like rocks falling in my 120, which turned out to be exactly what had happened. Which brings me to the question of how to polish out some scratches IN the tank, while still full of water. Any input.
Also how long before the split anemone will look nice again. It has very thin tips at this point, almost like what it looks like before the lights come on. Also the stalk and foot look like they have been torn, so I imagine they will grow back in time. Any input on this would be great also.

DieselBreath

There is a "Scratch Removal Kit" that comes in VERY handy... for times like this. Here is a link;

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=RB1551

When using the sandpaper... you want to work from the coarsest, to the finest... first in a "Left-Right" direction... then when you move to the next finest grit... you go "Up-Down"... then next finest grit... "Left-Right", and so on. Don't use the liquid polisher in the tank... but the sanding won't cause any problems at all in your tank.

Well here is the latest update on the tank. All fish are eating like horses, and extremely active. Everything is going good with the tank.

Today's little project was to get my Amp Master 3000 plumbed to the tank, since the tank got drilled and setup when I put it together. I'm really excited about this step. Flow looks good!! I turned it on and all APPEARED great, no for the turn of events. I HAVE A LEAK!!!!!! My fault I missed glueing one joint so I will have to pull it back apart and make one more glue job. Easy fix doe to the ball valves that I installed for pump maintainance. OH WELL!!

Off to dinner, I'll get it straightened out tommorrow.

DB

Sorry to hear about the leak... but happy it was a quick-fix! Sounds like you're getting that tank setup very nicely guy!

CONGRATS!!!!!

Well the leak is glued. We will see in the morning if it will leak anywhere else?

Does anyone know on the ampmaster pump if you can drill thru the pump housing to place a drain plug in the threaded bosses. They appear to be guide holed and have a larger hole that looks like it would accept a plug.

DB

Dieselbreath said:
Well the leak is glued. We will see in the morning if it will leak anywhere else?

Does anyone know on the ampmaster pump if you can drill thru the pump housing to place a drain plug in the threaded bosses. They appear to be guide holed and have a larger hole that looks like it would accept a plug.

DB

Glad to hear your leak is fixed! I don't know the answer to your pump question :confused:.

Pump question is solved now I just have to figure out what size it is without taking the pump to the store.

DB

Well my Rbta has split once again. That would be a total of three seperate pieces now, from only one a week ago. Is this still a good sign? They all look very healthy.

DB

Back